Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my Murano three days ago and loving it! One thing though, I had dealership install security system on Murano. However, when I get out of the car and alarm activates after 1 minute doors do not lock. Dealer says that this is done because many people complained that they would leave keys in car and thus lock themselves out when alarm would set. I don't want this because in New York you better have your car locked all the time. So is dealer telling the truth? Also, does stock Murano comes with security system and remote control? Dealer says it does not.

thanks,
webtekie

·
Registered
717 Posts
Is yours a 2003 or a 2004? On the 2003's, the dealer has to adjust this while on the 2004's, it's user adjustable in the menus.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I have an aftermarket alarm and my alarm does not set by itself just for that reason, in case you leave keys in the car. I know some people want it to lock in case they forget to do it, but on my alarm if I am not sure that I locked it, I can look at my alarm remote and it displays whether the car is locked or not. although if I ever somehow did manage to lock my keys in the car, I can also unlock my car using my cell phone or the internet.

·
My MO's faster than yours
419 Posts
jaycen29 said:
I have an aftermarket alarm and my alarm does not set by itself just for that reason, in case you leave keys in the car. I know some people want it to lock in case they forget to do it, but on my alarm if I am not sure that I locked it, I can look at my alarm remote and it displays whether the car is locked or not. although if I ever somehow did manage to lock my keys in the car, I can also unlock my car using my cell phone or the internet.

how much was your alarm? also whered you get it? Thanks bro

·
Registered
541 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
webtekie said:
It's 2004. Can you tell me how do I adjust the setting so doors locks automatically?
I think the auto lock feature works only if for some reason you unlock the doors and never open any doors. The doors will lock themselves after a preset amount of time has passed. This is in case you accidentally unlock the doors. If you do open any doors then the auto lock will not work. You can access the timer by using the setting button until you see the "personalized settings" menue. Then use the joy stick till you see the auto lock menue of choices.

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Every Murano comes with a stock security alarm and computer coded ignition key. If your dealer charged you for an aftermarket alarm by saying the Murano had no alarm, they ripped you off.

Also, the dealer can program your stock alarm to lock automatically after a preset time when the doors are unlocked.

I suggest you try another dealer since it sounded like they lied big time to you.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Eric L.

The programing you are talking, is that a dealer only thing or can it be accessed through the setting?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bastards!
Thanks Eric. I suspected that they just put an extra LED on and did not install extra alarm because: door do not lock automatically and there is no glass/shake sensors since when alarm was activated and I tapped on the glass alarm did not go off.
I will go down to another dealership and if they'll say that there is no additional alarm (I am sure they can see that, right?) then those bastards will be sorry they messed with me!

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Re: Eric L.

zebelkhan said:
The programing you are talking, is that a dealer only thing or can it be accessed through the setting?
Its a setting that can only be adjusted on consult II i believe.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: Eric L.

zebelkhan said:
For 2004 models, it is a setting that can be accessed from the center console menu. It's in the manual somewhere, I don't have mine handy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I played with that setting and it does not make sec. system to lock automatically, just sets the amount of time that passes after sec. system is activated.
BTW, I just called another dealer and they told me that if I have updgraded sec. system and they will check it they will charge me since it was not part of base model???

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
webtekie said:
I played with that setting and it does not make sec. system to lock automatically, just sets the amount of time that passes after sec. system is activated.
BTW, I just called another dealer and they told me that if I have updgraded sec. system and they will check it they will charge me since it was not part of base model???
The security system is not activated until the doors are locked, so I think it also locks the doors automatically. The alarm would be pretty useless if the doors were not locked.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also, the dealer can program your stock alarm to lock automatically after a preset time when the doors are unlocked.
The dealer I called said stock alarm comes as active and cannot be reporgrammed to passive.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's what I thought, but both my dealer and five others I called, including Nissan USA say that factory sec. system comes as active -- all because couple of morons locked their keys in the car when factory alarm was passive and complained that they were locked out. So Nissan decided to put active alarm as standard w/o option to make it passive and if someone wanted a passive alarm they would have to installed it in addition to factory one. This is pretty stupid if you ask me. But it's not a suprice to me -- in our society everyone suffer because of a few "special" naggers (cigarettes point in case).

·
Registered
541 Posts
well I wouldnt exactly compare getting locked out of your car to dying from second hand smoke.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well may be it's not the best analogy, but I hope you get my point. I mean why go to extremes and offer only active?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts