Nissan Murano Forum banner

What is the Murano's target market?

  • Slick Guy's SUV

    Votes: 22 55.0%
  • Chicked Out SUV

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Family Hauler

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Who cares? (Come on, I know you do!)

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Hip Family Hauler

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Innovator

    Votes: 1 2.5%

  • Total voters
    40
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious to know the market of people who the Murano was targeted for and who in fact bought the Murano. The reason why I ask is because the Murano, when mentioned among car enthusiasts, draws in a lot of different comments. Some people say its purely a girl's SUV while other's say its a guy's slick looking SUV. Others simply call it a family hauler... So what do you all think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
How about "hip family hauler"?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't aruge that. Family Hauler is a generalized term. It really comes down to whether or not the people who bought the Murano think it is "chic" or "cool". Honestly, I don't think I would not buy the Murano just because some people think it is chic, but it does have an underlying irritant in the thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
We are in the process of buying a Mo. Still about two weeks away. We test drove a 04 Explorer, and Pilot. Then I got to drive two Muranos! What a difference! I was sold. We have two small children and are coming from a 94 Explorer. I really wanted something different and I feel this is the vehicle. So far about 75% of the people I've talked to about getting one have thought it was a great looking car. The other 25% thought it was strange or ugly. I can't figure out what they are or aren't seeing! This is going to be a REALLY long two weeks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol.. Sure sounds like it.. Good luck on your choice.. Right now I haven't test driven either SL or SE Murano's but I want it to be sporty enough so we'll have to see how rough the ride is on the SE. I don't want to be bajaing over speed bumps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
I don't know.
We have gotten into this around here before.

This poll seems to take the position that it is an SUV.

Can't argue with that, but some think it is a truck.
Some think it is a car.
Some think it is part of the new "sportwagon" group.

Some (like me) have bought into the Xover tag.
It is a truck. (Registerd by US GOV as such)
It is a car. Built on altima/max frame
It is a little bit minivan (Drop thise seats and look at the back. Look at the top of the dash.
It is a little bit sportscar. Some don't like the firm ride and heavy steering, but this thing handles well for a ....................whatever.
Its a little bit avant garde. Look at the styling outside AND inside.
It's a little bit traditional. The front end looks a bit like a PT which looks a bit like the old trucks.


And I'm just talking about the hardware.

Now what you really want to know is, how do we feel about it.

I picked a family hauler. But I wasn't satisfied with my own answer. I never am, when people ask me what the Murano is.

Homer
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
The December issue of Kiplinger's Personal Finance has their 53rd annual new car buyers guide. The have the Murano listed as a wagon not an suv. It also got their award for the best new wagon. They said, "Head turning looks and a sprightly ride make sure it won't be confused with wagons from the 60"s."
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top