Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use a USB to listen to music. In all past vehicles I have used this with (including 2 prior Muranos) the music will pick up where it left off when the car is started.

With my new 2017 Murano SL it will sometimes pick up where it left off if I restart the vehicle after a short period of time; however, most of the time it will restart with the first song on file.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it supposed to do this? Is there any way to fix it?

Sorry if this is a repeat thread... I tried searching the net for an answer and was unsuccessful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use a USB to listen to music. In all past vehicles I have used this with (including 2 prior Muranos) the music will pick up where it left off when the car is started.

With my new 2017 Murano SL it will sometimes pick up where it left off if I restart the vehicle after a short period of time; however, most of the time it will restart with the first song on file.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is it supposed to do this? Is there any way to fix it?

Sorry if this is a repeat thread... I tried searching the net for an answer and was unsuccessful.
I have this same problem with my 2017.5 Murano S, kind of annoying since I like to listen to podcasts and it sucks when it restarts. For me it seems pretty random and doesn't happen all the time, so I haven't been able to figure out what causes it. Would also like to know if there is a fix for it or possibly a work around.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My 2017.5 does the same. Completely random as far as I can tell. The only "fix" I found is to make sure the first songs in the first folder are ones I don't mind listening to over and over.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glad I'm not alone, my 2017 does this also - but only sometimes. Sometimes it starts where it left off and sometimes it starts with Sirius playing....

Can't figure it out. If anyone sorts it, please let us know. Quite annoying actually.

·
Registered
53 Posts
USB issues

Hi Folks,

Mine does the same as well.

if you dont mind i'm curious if any of you are having problems with the USB music coming on and overriding what you have on via another source. i started another thread on this (2 USB drives - screen message - how to eliminate it) and didn't see much discussion or solutions for it.

I'm wondering if I need to upgrade to a better more expensive USB stick.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have used a USB a couple of times and yes it does restart from the beginning. I'm not sure what the solution to this would be if you want to keep using the USB.

However, the problem would be fixed if you guys are able to use Bluetooth. The music is on your phone or device so it picks off from where you started. I download the music mp3 files (or podcasts) from the internet and put them on the microSD card in my phone. I doubt this is possible with Apple phones (no offense to Apple users lol), but if you have an Android device download an app called "Rocket Player" from the Google Play Store (it is free). The app will automatically search for your music files from the microSD card and make them available to you for easy use through the app. Then just connect via bluetooth to your car and everything works.

I'm sure there are other apps that do the same thing, but from my experience this one seems to be one of the better ones out there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 17.5 with apple Car Play does this also. Its almost like a capacitor dies down and take it back to the beginning. I can have the vehicle sit for 45 minutes and it starts where it left off. An hour or two , or overnight, and its back to song one. Sounds like it would be a great firmware update if they could fix it that way.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not Only Muranos

I'm having the same exact problem with my '17 Maxima Platinum. When listening to an audio book on an SD card it will, sometimes, start replaying the book from the beginning. Not too bad listening to music but having a book restart is a real bummer.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Maritimer-
I don't think a more expensive USB stick will make any difference. Either they work or they don't, playing audio files is not hardware-intensive.
I've heard and had these type of problems with multiple systems, both USB sticks and BlueTooth interfaces to a phone playing mp3's. The cars do what they please, because everyone is Too Damned Cheap to put the free Android OS in the car, or support the link to Android and iOS (still cheap enough!) they go and write new computer code which is usually plain sloppy.
Heck, I know some cars that can't even read track numbers, they'll play every song in a folder in alphabetical order--not album track sequence. A $5 mp3 player can do better!

One thing that you can do, if you are playing songs from a USB in random order? Make a short silent MP3 file, 3-4 seconds long, and title it with something like "____000" so it pops to the start of the directory. Also number it as Track 00, which actually is a valid number but never happens on albums.

Now if the damned player wants to revert to the first cut on the USB stick, it can. It will. And in 3-4 seconds, it will merrily skip off to something else it picks at random. (Although, the "random" functions aren't so random in most pf the players, either. Cheap sloppy programming, again.)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I mostly listen to music using the USB drive and have this same problem. Recently I tried something that seems to be working: I turn off the stereo before I turn off the car. It's worked 100% of the time when I've remembered to do it. Not sure of the whys of it but whatever - it works (so far).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Brand new Murano owner. Wondering about music files types. Can flac files be played? I tried it on a USB stick but they did not show up. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I mostly listen to music using the USB drive and have this same problem. Recently I tried something that seems to be working: I turn off the stereo before I turn off the car. It's worked 100% of the time when I've remembered to do it. Not sure of the whys of it but whatever - it works (so far).
Not really ... It happens to my 4-day-old 2017SL too, randomly goes back to the 1st song on USB ... I normally turn off all things (Air, Audio ..)
before turning off the engine.... Also it happened again today after 30minute stop (was OK overnight, this morning) ...
Still don't know how to duplicate, in order to tell the dealer.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I was planning to go to dealer about this issue on my 2017.5 Platinum. Drives me crazy. But it's not only that it goes to first track of first folder, it switches to USB drive even if I was listening to FM or SiriusXM prior to turning the car off. It is random (like every 5th-10th start). If the source was set to something other than USB, it switches to USB and starts playing first track of first folder. If the source was already USB, it simply starts playing first track of first folder.

This always happens with a message "Reading USB memory...". For some reason, it thinks that USB stick was JUST inserted.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was planning to go to dealer about this issue on my 2017.5 Platinum. Drives me crazy. But it's not only that it goes to first track of first folder, it switches to USB drive even if I was listening to FM or SiriusXM prior to turning the car off. It is random (like every 5th-10th start). If the source was set to something other than USB, it switches to USB and starts playing first track of first folder. If the source was already USB, it simply starts playing first track of first folder.

This always happens with a message "Reading USB memory...". For some reason, it thinks that USB stick was JUST inserted.
Please let us know what you find out as i also continue to have the same issues.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I made a small mp3 file named it 000.mp3 and set the USB to random play. So far it is working 100 % and plays a new track every time I start the car. 2017.5 sv

·
Registered
853 Posts
Guys, if you turn you car off, unplug the player, come back, plug in, start the car; it should play from the same spot. My 17.5 does anyway. It hit or miss if I don’t follow that procedure.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just got my 2017 Platinum model today! I tried the USB and I had no such problem. Each time I turned on the audio, it continued where I left off.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I plug my iphone4 into usb 2, in the back, and leave it in my center console. I don't receive the usb message at startup anymore. And it plays from where it left off all the time. This iPhone is b4 siri so I can't use it for carplay. It's a great iPod ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts