Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
And another...

Suggestion of 000.mp3 track above is nice, but most would choose to resume playback where it was left off.

Our 2017 Murano Platinum does this as well. Loads with a pause, then "Reading USB memory..." and re-starts from the first song. If I had to report how often, would say about 1/3 of car starts. No predictability pattern at all. Went in to Costco yesterday and it happened (20-25 minutes?).
Also have experienced the random transitions from satellite to USB. This suggests a USB power issue to me.

Extremely frustrating and surprised that Nissan isn't addressing this. Likely that this is a common problem, but most people don't use the USB much or at all - so they never notice.
Make certain to contact your dealer to make noise about this! :(

·
Registered
682 Posts
Suggestion of 000.mp3 track above is nice, but most would choose to resume playback where it was left off.

Our 2017 Murano Platinum does this as well. Loads with a pause, then "Reading USB memory..." and re-starts from the first song. If I had to report how often, would say about 1/3 of car starts. No predictability pattern at all. Went in to Costco yesterday and it happened (20-25 minutes?).
Also have experienced the random transitions from satellite to USB. This suggests a USB power issue to me.

Extremely frustrating and surprised that Nissan isn't addressing this. Likely that this is a common problem, but most people don't use the USB much or at all - so they never notice.
Make certain to contact your dealer to make noise about this! :(
USB file management is horrible. No way to select cds by title. Limited amount of directories. I gave up on using my MP3 player thru USB and just use the audio in and use the MP3 player to do the work.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
34 Posts
You guys are correct. It is random. With that said, I plugged in a USB stick that I formatted with FAT32 file format. There were only 4 folders in there and they actually look correct on screen. I can navigate into these folders and select the songs. Will try and get a bigger 16GB stick and put more music folders in there to see if it changes.

·
Registered
94 Posts
You guys are correct. It is random. With that said, I plugged in a USB stick that I formatted with FAT32 file format. There were only 4 folders in there and they actually look correct on screen. I can navigate into these folders and select the songs. Will try and get a bigger 16GB stick and put more music folders in there to see if it changes.
I tried 2 different sticks and still have the same issue. As LivingLED said, it is probably an issue powering USB ports.

·
Registered
34 Posts
So I got a new USB 3.0 stick. It is already formatted with FAT32 so I just copied a ton of music folders onto it. The other thing I did was ensure the folder names were not too long. Also, I plugged into the rear USB port. The folders did appear correct.
Not sure if you guys/gals are aware but if you touch the folder icon (on the left side of the folder name), you will see the sub-folders if there are any.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The service manager said that Nissan sees all repairs done at dealership. So, if you guys start going for warranty repair due to this issue, maybe (just maybe) Nissan will notice and issue a software update.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Mine does it the same, 17.5S. Totally random first song.
Also, sometimes it switches to USB regardless of what source it was on when i turned off the car.
The random setting is weird at best, I have about 1000mps on a stick and it kinda follows certain folders much more than others. I had to check to see if I was missing folder or files, nopes, the random seems to favour certain folders and not others.
Kinda disappointed, I was hoping Nissan would do better in 2017. I spend a lot of time in car and this is annoying. Plus the other few things that get me, like the super weak halogens, the weak windshield washer pressure and pattern, the slightly cramped seat......I dont see this being too long in my garage.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Another frustrated guy murano 2017 and it's happening more often, stop the car come back 1/2 hour and it starts at the first song. My folder names are short. Worst I have a MP3 song that can jam the who infotainment system. I gave to the dealer and wrote to Nissan Canada and they said my file MP3 was corrupted, I played that song, in my 2nd Gen and it was ok, it even played ok on other Nissan cars, ONLY ON MURANO 3rd Gen did not play. Will cal my dealer and see what they say.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same here

Greetings - I have a 2017.5 Platinum Midnight Edition and it does the same thing. My 2015 Platinum did not have this issue :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello all. First time posting here. I just purchased a 2019 Murano SL. I am experiencing the same issue. I listen almost exclusively to .mp3 music files from a USB. When I shut the car off, then later come back to it and start the car, it will play the song that it was playing when I shut it off. But then after playing that song, it was start at the beginning of the files again. I have the Nav/Stereo system set on Random. I had a 2017 Rogue with Navigation, and when it was set on Random, it would continue to play files randomly without an issue. It would start playing the song that was playing when I shut of the vehicle, then randomly play a tune from the files on the USB. I'm using the exact same USB thumb drive too. This is frustrating for the fact this is a $44,000 vehicle, and my Rogue was $10,000 less. Also, the Rogue would continue to play after the car was shut off, and would stop only when a door was opened. The Murano doesn't. Was nice to have that feature in the Rogue. You could park, shut the car off, continue to listen to music while the wife is in the clothing store shopping!

One thing to note is that the Rogue wouldn't recognize separate folders. So I had the .mp3 files just added to the drive. No folders or sub-folders. I know my wife's 2018 Maxima Platinum is able to read separate folders and she can choose which ones to play files from. I haven't asked her is her Maxima has the same issue as my Murano, and many other owners here on this forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2019 Titan and I'm having this same problem so it still hasn't been fixed. I found this forum by searching for a solution. I've talked to 3 different dealers' service departments and they all play dumb like they've never heard of this problem then say they'll call me back and they never do.

Here's my notes....
  • It created a random list and it always plays in that order. It never re-shuffles.
  • If you turn on the vehicle, it usually picks up playing another track than it left off, then the next track it starts at the beginning of the random list that it created in what I like to call groundhog day. (like the movie)
  • If the vehicle is turned off for a brief period, it remembers the track that it was on. Someone likened it to a capacitor losing power. That's exactly what it's like.
  • Turning off the system before powering off the vehicle seems to reliably work to pick up where it left off without the groundhog day syndrome. Unfortunately I habitually forget to do that.
I'm trying a different USB device just reformatted in exFat and we'll see if that makes a difference.

I'd just like to reiterate that this is still going on in the 2019 models and Nissan apparently does not have a solution and won't even admit to it being a known issue even though you can find forum posts all over the internet dating back to 2012 on this same problem.

·
Registered
735 Posts
My iPod touch also goes back to first song if the car is off for more than an hours as others have reported. However, using the song advance button on the steering wheel always gives a different second song when set to random. It is more annoying when trying to resume a podcast and it forgets the place.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I posted a month ago about having this problem on my Titan and said I was going to try a different drive. Instead of using a USB stick, I used a portable hard drive. While it more reliably picked up on the song that it left on, it also suffered from the groundhog day syndrome that I explained in post #33.

Interestingly, I reformatted the USB stick that I was using previously and copied the same songs to it and it had the same list and was playing the exact same songs as it was previously. I suspected it might create a new playlist unique to each drive or possibly even store that list on the drive but it's not. I really don't think this is a storage media issue either.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts