No actually you won't want to do that, as it would only work if you have the SAT button pressed. Although, if this is desirable, you could do it that way, but it's not automatic.SIM said:Jaak, are you saying that the PAC can be used as an AUX input for the phone?
Oops, I'm still waking up, I see... There's two sets of connectors, so you still have to buy the others, the PAC interface doesn't supply them all.SIM said:HERE YA GO! Thanks a lot Jaak. Just a quick question. Is the upper left part of the diagram connecting directly to an existing connector (either the PAC or the radio)?
I must admit that I am a beginner with this kind of electronic stuff but I will have this circuit made ASAP.
If there's a command for that, I'm not yet aware of it. I agree, it would work well...EasternPA said:Jaak,
Can't your new kit switch the radio to Sat? Or no... that would be a great way to pick up the phone.. switch to Nav with the PAC kit installed
Howard identifies the connectors as Scosche - NN03B and NN03BR or Metra 70-7550 and 71-7550.My phone is finally in. See this thread:
I thought of doing your idea to lower the headunit radio volume during a call, but I felt it would be too distracting - so I mute it totally. I bet I'm missing my NAV voice commands during a cell call - but what the heck, no biggie for me. Yes, it would be easy to mix some of the headunit audio during a call. Or I could have just switched the front speakers to the cell call and left the rears playing the radio. That might work out too for some.
My 8 resistors are inline with the cell audio and turned out to be 500 ohms. Four resistors branch off the + speaker lead and go to the + side of each differntial amp input. Four resistors go from the (-) speaker output and feed the 4 (-) amp inputs. I chose a value that attenuated the cell audio since it was about 2 volts (intended for the cheap Motorola speaker). I figured these resistors would also prevent the amp inputs from interacting with one another which might have happened if I had paralleled all 4 inputs together and attenuated the cell audio before that point. I did use a 1N4148 across the coil to prevent spikes from reaching the Motorola junction box and also used a 50 ohm resister in line with the relay coil to minimize current draw.
My 2 relays are from Mouser Electronics - $10 each - that is the most expensive part of the mod - Omron 653-G6A-434P-DC12. I tried something new on the circuit boards- I designed them online using this free software from expresspcb.com . That software is a ton of fun to use and the $60 it cost me to make 3 boards was worth it in entertainment value alone! Better than Las Vegas. See http://www.expresspcb.com