Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the "harness" that connects the sat. radio box to the Bose I am told will not be available until this Summer? Doesn't seem right? I do not want to install the Delphi unit in the car if it's pre-wired and all I need is an adapter.

Anyone shed any light on this? Thanks- Jim

·
4,664 Posts
Wow, whoever is talking to you has no clue what they're talking about!

The harness is in there, if it's pre-wired. All you need is the Sat Kit which gives you the receiver and the antenna, plus a bunch of bits to help stick it in....

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.....will invesigate this further

thanks bro - Jim

·
4,664 Posts
If you haven't already, look at my site. It may shed some light on it for you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great info at your site. I just glanced quickly, but will go back later and give it all a good read.

Where did you get the harness? The local audio shop says they don't have it (until summer).

(woops - sorry - I see in your post above the harness is there.)

·
4,664 Posts
The harness was not available when I got mine. Nissan released a few for some G35's then stopped letting people buy them.

My harness is from a USA-SPEC CD changer that was made for Nissans. I have the short harness for an FX which has the right connector for the SAT receiver. I got a hold of the CD changer harness knowing that the Radio connector was correct and was going to splice the two together to make it work.

Well, when I looked at the changer harness, I realised, it already had the right connector, and wiring. Plugged it in, and became the second person to have functioning SAT in my Murano, in June 2003. The first person, has friends at Nissan and they got him the parts. He confirmed Sat worked with me, a week before I actually saw it work in mine.

So this suggests to me, the Nissan external CD changer harness is identical (not confirmed) to the Sat harness.

But you have a 2004, so you should find the end of the harness near the Bose amp behind the right rear passenger seat. Just drag it over to the other side and plug it into the Sat receiver, when you get it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts