Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this baby up brand spanking new at 10kms on June 10, 2005. After my 2 week vacation from Toronto and back to Vancouver,BC. My ride is ready from the shop equipped with the following goodies. Custom dash mold for the unit receiver since taking the stock stereo out will eliminate usuage of temperature controls and steering wheel features. Every features is connected to the stock stereo on one circuit board relay or some crap Nissan did. By disabling the stock stereo and leaving it intacted. It allows the circuit board to remain open allowing features to work like temperature controls and monitor. Only things that does not work in my MO is steering wheel features that functions for the stereo, and stereo itself. However, I never did like the BOSE system it doesn't justisfy my needs of entertainment. What next put in is complete FOCAL front and rear speakers as well polyglass tweeters. Then latest high end model motorized Kenwood DVD/TV/MP3 etc... unit, Kenwood Navigation unit, Audison SRX3-channel amplifer, 10" JL W6 subwoofer, custom spare tire well box so that I can still keep my trunk space, and giving it that clean look but too bad the shop didn't have charcoal fabric. Lastly, a quick past flashback of my old car 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT which I had for 1 year, and this is what happen to it. All I can say is the money put into my old car costed me a huge lost in aftermarket parts, however, the advantage gain of cost to buy the Murano.

MY OLD CAR: TIBURON

MY NEW CAR AND LOVING IT: MURANO PLATINUM COLOR (PIC OF CAR IS ONE WEEK OLD BUT SO FAR RECENTLY AFTER THE AUDIO SETUP. I HAVE PUT IN A REAR BUMPER PROTECTOR AND WINDOW VISORS)

·
Registered
1 Posts
No more spare tire.

I'm fairly new to Muranos, but I was unaware of the temperature controls being affected by the removal of the factory stereo. I worked for a highend audio shop for quite a while, and it wouldn't completely surprise me, but I don't remember that problem in any Nissans. To me, and I could be wrong, I don't know the shop you went through, but it looks like they simply disconnected the Bose amplifiers, or speakers, so people reading shouldn't be too intimidated by this.

If I'm wrong, which is probably the case, I think I'll end up hiding the factory stereo in the vehicle and building a custom dash piece to hold the stereo. This is an Altima we did a while back, but it would be something like this (picture is pre paint).

You used great gear, how does it sound compared to your Tiburon?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The shop I deal with does custom high end audio where parts and labour isn't cheap. Name of the shop is called Boyz Club Audio and Security http://www.boyzaudio.com/. For them to do the Murano was not something surprising as they have done similar projects for other MO satisfied owners. Your right on the point that the BOSE amplifiers and speakers been disconnected and replaced by FOCAL. Since I can still turn on the car stereo but volume does not work. I just like to keep the stereo as is to make my MO look like it have more features =) Though my previous car Tiburon which included car alarm, complete custom audio setup as well fiberglass trunk enclosure ran me $7000 CND. This time just on a budget for my Murano at $4500 CND where it included on parts and labour as well taxes. With 5.1 surround quality is just too amazing where the vocal is very crisp and clear. No distortion of static at peaks of high level volume, and the subwoofer is so loud that I wouldn't bother to go any higher model of JL like the w7 usually are known for sound competition use. This setup I chosen is mostly for enhance sound quality but not for competition.

Kyle said:
No more spare tire.

I'm fairly new to Muranos, but I was unaware of the temperature controls being affected by the removal of the factory stereo. I worked for a highend audio shop for quite a while, and it wouldn't completely surprise me, but I don't remember that problem in any Nissans. To me, and I could be wrong, I don't know the shop you went through, but it looks like they simply disconnected the Bose amplifiers, or speakers, so people reading shouldn't be too intimidated by this.

If I'm wrong, which is probably the case, I think I'll end up hiding the factory stereo in the vehicle and building a custom dash piece to hold the stereo. This is an Altima we did a while back, but it would be something like this (picture is pre paint).

You used great gear, how does it sound compared to your Tiburon?

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
muran0 said:
It's put away in my shed since I don't need it thanks to long term roadside assistance.
Roadside assitance still needs "your" spare to put it on for you...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I only use roadside assistance if there was something besides flat tire. If my tire blown then only option is to have my car towed to get it repaired. Though what are the chances of anyone you see these days on the road jacking up their car. Once in awhile I do a maintenance check for tire pressure on the monitor.

zebelkhan said:

Roadside assitance still needs "your" spare to put it on for you...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i was just wondering if anyone has successfuly built a box to put inside the 18 rim spare wheel that has enough interior volume and depth to be used with a decent sub woofer??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That what the shop just did for me a custom box enclosure for the spare tire well. Where I have to take out my spare tire, and that costed me $1000 CND for it to be made. It would cost more if I wanted a fiberglass mold. They suggested that my amp is put above and subwoofer at the back since space is deeper there.

nissanlove said:
i was just wondering if anyone has successfuly built a box to put inside the 18 rim spare wheel that has enough interior volume and depth to be used with a decent sub woofer??

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
but the problem is i don't want to take my spare tire out. any way of making a box that will fit inside the wheel itself??

·
Registered
631 Posts
nissanlove said:
larry1960 did, and promised pics a few times but I don't think we ever saw anything.

·
Midnight Marauder
80 Posts
muran0 said:
It's put away in my shed since I don't need it thanks to long term roadside assistance.

lol! common sense strikes again!!

Love the stereo you put in there, but I have had to rely on my spare twice now and both times it has been vital, so I wouldn't remove it, personally.

Different strokes for different folks, though... just figured I'd ask! ;)

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
muran0 said:
Picked this baby up brand spanking new at 10kms on June 10, 2005. After my 2 week vacation from Toronto and back to Vancouver,BC. My ride is ready from the shop equipped with the following goodies. Custom dash mold for the unit receiver since taking the stock stereo out will eliminate usuage of temperature controls and steering wheel features. Every features is connected to the stock stereo on one circuit board relay or some crap Nissan did. By disabling the stock stereo and leaving it intacted. It allows the circuit board to remain open allowing features to work like temperature controls and monitor. Only things that does not work in my MO is steering wheel features that functions for the stereo, and stereo itself. However, I never did like the BOSE system it doesn't justisfy my needs of entertainment. What next put in is complete FOCAL front and rear speakers as well polyglass tweeters. Then latest high end model motorized Kenwood DVD/TV/MP3 etc... unit, Kenwood Navigation unit, Audison SRX3-channel amplifer, 10" JL W6 subwoofer, custom spare tire well box so that I can still keep my trunk space, and giving it that clean look but too bad the shop didn't have charcoal fabric. Lastly, a quick past flashback of my old car 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GT which I had for 1 year, and this is what happen to it. All I can say is the money put into my old car costed me a huge lost in aftermarket parts, however, the advantage gain of cost to buy the Murano.

MY OLD CAR: TIBURON

MY NEW CAR AND LOVING IT: MURANO PLATINUM COLOR (PIC OF CAR IS ONE WEEK OLD BUT SO FAR RECENTLY AFTER THE AUDIO SETUP. I HAVE PUT IN A REAR BUMPER PROTECTOR AND WINDOW VISORS)

OMG!!! That is one sick installations hehehehe :6:

·
Registered
263 Posts
I DID, I have a box in my spare tire

nissanlove said:
I used the wheel as my template and used a pioneer premere sub The small 10 inch 4 inches deep sub Sounds great I used a directed 700 watt amp on the sub and a 75x4 amp The box is made out of fiberglass and the amps are all under the seat are area where the factory amps were.I had a bose system NO MORE, IT KICKS B>>>

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh ya I forgot to mention that you can have the spare tire in the car. Since the shop also suggested I just take out the BOSE subwoofer, and they make a fiberglass mold of there for the new 10" subwoofer. However, thinking the idea is great but not sure when it comes to changing wheel then I have to remove the subwoofer to get the spare out. That was the case of my choice removing the spare tire in the first place and use all the air space depth allowing more better thumping bass.

nissanlove said:
but the problem is i don't want to take my spare tire out. any way of making a box that will fit inside the wheel itself??

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also if any of you guys interested in Injen Race Division Cold Air Intake System. I have a friend that is a authorized distributor for Injen products that might gain interest on this forum. FYI, he probably help get a group buy running for lower price on the intake either polish or black. I dealt with him years ago when having my previous tiburon on the newtiburon forum.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
muran0 said:
Oh ya I forgot to mention that you can have the spare tire in the car. Since the shop also suggested I just take out the BOSE subwoofer, and they make a fiberglass mold of there for the new 10" subwoofer. However, thinking the idea is great but not sure when it comes to changing wheel then I have to remove the subwoofer to get the spare out. That was the case of my choice removing the spare tire in the first place and use all the air space depth allowing more better thumping bass.

You can always tie the spare down on the roof rack (if you have one). :2:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I thought about putting it on a roof rack but that would look somewhat funny. Also the spare tire is heavy and I'm not much of a built guy so don't want it end up falling on me. Next plans are getting nudge bar, push bar, and probably the rear bar. There is a place that I probably get them all powder coated in chrome. Since they fix up curb marks on aluminum wheels for $20 each, and re-powdercoat the wheel like brand new.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
muran0 said:
I thought about putting it on a roof rack but that would look somewhat funny. Also the spare tire is heavy and I'm not much of a built guy so don't want it end up falling on me. Next plans are getting nudge bar, push bar, and probably the rear bar. There is a place that I probably get them all powder coated in chrome. Since they fix up curb marks on aluminum wheels for $20 each, and re-powdercoat the wheel like brand new.

Description:
Keep your spare in the air! The Surco Spare-Me Tire Carrier mounts to your Surco Safari Roof Rack, giving you a better place to put that clumsy spare tire.

Many auto makers spent years mounting spare tires in the rear cargo area. While convenient, that spare takes up as much as a third of your storage space! Keep your cargo inside, dry and safer by putting your spare tire on top. And, the Spare-Me Tire Carrier’s durable black powder-coated finish means it won’t rust on your roof rack or rim.

Lock down your spare, too. The Spare-Me Tire Carrier is completely lockable with any standard padlock. Plus, the Spare-Me Tire Carrier works great with the light mounts and tool holder accessories also available for your Safari Roof Rack.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts