Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the driver's side "threshold" as you open the driver's side door. Look on the bottom as you step out. There is a metal aluminum plate labeled "Murano."

Before that metal aluminum plate, there is what I call a "mug guard" black rubber. Heavy foot traffic will occur every time the driver enters or exit that threshold. Is there anything that I can placed over that "mud guard" to prevent it from pealing in the long run?

As you can see, I'm like a happy mother or father with my new born child (Murano) and treating it as a baby. Even after my Murano will receive the usual scratches or other issues in the future, I intend to take good mainteance car care. Its only two days old, and I really love my 2006 Murano SL.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo-

"Heavy foot traffic will occur every time the driver enters or exit that threshold"

Heavy foot traffic? What are you driving - a Murano or a school bus? :2:

Nissan refers to that part as the "Front Kicking Plate" and it appears to be made of plastic not rubber.

I took a look at the piece you are referring to and my foot never actually comes in contact with it. I step into the car so I miss the plate entirely. I doubt that it experiences any real contact unless you enter the car by standing on it.

-njjoe

Attachments

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: My 2006 Murano - Need Guidance

Here is an attachment of what I am trying to explain.

Attachments

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Paniolo-

One pic is worth a thousand words.

That matches up to item #4 in the diagram I attached in the previous post.

There's not much you can do to protect that piece, other than not stepping on it.

I have had my Mo for only 6 months but that particular item is scratch-free.

The part that is getting marked-up in my MO is the vertical surface between the front and rear doors (item #5 - Center Pillar Lower Garnish). I have about a dozen blemishes from the seat-belt clip banging in to the plastic when I unclip the belt and let it retract. It's not in my sight-line so I'm not worrying about it too much.

-njjoe

·
Registered
420 Posts
I've had my Murano for almost three years, and that area has not peeled. It doesn't even have a scratch on it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Stand Corrected

A few minutes ago, I took a damp paper tower and wipe the area that I "thought" was pealing. Sorry guys..... never was pealing but just a speck of dirt. :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts