Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I go by the issues in this forum, I'm lucky, but I know that most people only come to forums like this if they have issues with their car. In my case, my Murano was the most reliable and comforable car that I've ever owned. If I could justify the costs (insurance, taxes, etc.), I would have kept it as a second vehicle--and the price that I got for it used clinched the deal.

I live in the mountains of WV, and I do landscape photography. There are beautiful places that I have avoided because I was afraid of tearing the bottom off of my Mo (I used to have a '94 Mitsubishi Mighty Max for off-roading in addition to several SUVs over the years. It died on me). So I decided to get a real 4x4 to expand my range. The truck is beautiful (Cactus Gray with Chrome Delete package), and very comfortable. As a bonus, the layout of the dash is very similar to my Mo. I already miss that car though. I had no trasmission problems, no oil leaks, nothing. I'm a stickler for maintenance on any vehicle, but I never had a vehicle that was as problem-free as that Mo.

·
Administrator
9,841 Posts
Smart decision. The Murano isn't an off-road vehicle and never was. The Ranger is much more appropriate as long as you have sufficient passenger room.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Smart decision. The Murano isn't an off-road vehicle and never was. The Ranger is much more appropriate as long as you have sufficient passenger room.
One of the reasons that I picked the ranger is that the cabin space (other than the cabin cargo area), is similar to the Murano. More headroom, but slightly less legroom in the back seat. The leather seats are surpisingly just as comfortable as the "zero gravity" seats in the Mo. I added a tonneau cover to the bed, now I basicially have a very large trunk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts