Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've had my '04 super black Sl for about three months. Yesterday I left my house around 5:30 pm drove for about 45 minutes no problem. I stopped at a red light at a busy intersection (4 lane road). When the light turned green i stepped on the gas, the MO bucked and shut off and we rolled. So there we sat in the middle of this 4 lane road/major intersection at about 6:15 staring at the headlights of on coming traffic.......I jumped out, pushed it out of the road, got a jump, made it 3 more blocks, and died again. I then began to push my new car 7 blocks back to my house.

So, I called the dealer this morning and they sent a flat bead to pick it up. They just called me back and said, "oops, we missed a few recalls before we handed over the trruck to you." They said they missed the alternatorrecall, the fuel shield recall, and the seat belt recall......OOPS!!!!! They also told me that the alternator problem caused the idle pulley to snap off & knot up the serpentine belt!!!

Well through all this, I get the truck back tomorrow, Its been a tough few days!

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
the altenator didn't snap the pulley, the bracket is a known problem.

sorry bout ur troubles though!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
bigjohn-

The alternator recall was for a wire that could break off inside the alternator. There is no way that the alternator caused the idler pulley to snap off. It is just not possible. The service adviser is feeding you a line of BS. However it really doesn't matter as long as they are making the repairs under warranty.

Are they picking up the tab for everything?

-njjoe

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, as i was talking to the service manager, he sounded like he didn't belive his own story. I didn't know of any of these problems, it was all news to me. At any rate, at least they are fixing all the problems, all at their cost, including the 16 mile tow.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Bigjohn,

I feel for you, but this is happening to you because you are calling the beautiful MO a truck......:D

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for mt improper wording! Its a nasty habit....The last "SUV" I owned was more on the lines of a "truck." So, eventually i'll shake it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts