Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
he bought an 03 fx35 awd,sunroof,leather, with 52,000 miles for $25,000 no nav no dvd,you all think he made a good deal?
excellent conditions in and out.but a little bit over miles.
he sent me some pictures,the outside of the fx looks awesome but the center console and radio is not as nice as murano,fx radio blends in with everything else you can't tell is a radio there if you look at it quick,also below the radio is all sealed not like murano you have the space there to put stuff.
here some pictures he sent me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Wondering why the tape deck is so hidden inside.
Is it 007 or Charlies angle thinge?

Wondering if the IX runs on same Bose amps and speakers.

NZM

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know,if they are so shame of it to hide it why they built it in, right!

Attachments

·
5,244 Posts
Enamurao

I am not sure if he overpaid it. My lease – 5y/75k miles says residual $20K. I have FX35 AWD loaded without NAV. So this car does retain value.

Dashboard – this is matter of taste. Some people do not like Murano dashboard as it is clunky, looks like it was assembled from pieces sourced from different cars. But I like it.

One things is for sure – FX is fun to drive. It is NOT a family car! So forget all the talk about space etc. This car has the spirit of the Z. And it shows! And feels! Just take this baby for a spin. You will love it!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Here are some pic of my fiancee's 2006 FX35 Sport
The interior has been refreshed for 2006

One things is for sure – FX is fun to drive. It is NOT a family car! So forget all the talk about space etc. This car has the spirit of the Z. And it shows! And feels! Just take this baby for a spin. You will love it!
I agree with Kris

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
I guess I shouldn't be amazed but I am. I see a lot of similarity to the MO and Z with respect to layout, buttons themselves, and materials. I was on another site, don't remember where, someone posted a pic of the rear interior of a pathfinder, a shot looking through the rear driver side door and I swore it looked like a shot from the MO.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I think it was a pretty good deal, and, had I found such a deal on the FX when I got my Mo, the FX would be in my driveway now. I had a buddy with a Maxima with 170k on it. It drove as new.
I wonder if this same xmission is in the FX?

My Mo is a lease as well.
If it had the same xmission as the Maxima, I might consider paying out the 16k to keep it after my 4 year lease is up.

I have been pretty closed mouthed about the CVT. I am waiting to see some folks with 150k on one. 200k even better. But, with folks having them go poof at less than 100k, that makes me shy of that 6k replacement cost to own it more than my lease. It could be a fluke that they lost them so early--as everyone has said, it is too early to make a judgement call, not enough time has passed to have the miles for a track record.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kris said:
Enamurao

I am not sure if he overpaid it. My lease – 5y/75k miles says residual $20K. I have FX35 AWD loaded without NAV. So this car does retain value.

well it does retain a bit value not that much, those fx retail new between $43k &$48k,dropping around $20k in 3 years.

I dont know how much more fun can be to drive and fx compare to a murano,
when both are pretty much the same,
murano its fun to drive especially the SE
that just for fun you can play with the 6 speed manual mode,I take my murano off road I mean dirt roads at high speeds,sand dunes in the beach all the time, and is whole lots of fun.
anyway my bro its cming to florida soon and gonna bring her, we are goin to compare and race them if possible, now is something personal between fx and mo.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
mgthe3 said:
II am waiting to see some folks with 150k on one. 200k even better. But, with folks having them go poof at less than 100k, that makes me shy of that 6k replacement cost to own it more than my lease. It could be a fluke that they lost them so early--as everyone has said, it is too early to make a judgement call, not enough time has passed to have the miles for a track record.
Just be careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire, there have several non-CVT autos that go poof at 50-60k.

·
5,244 Posts
Enforcer said:

Just be careful not to jump from the frying pan into the fire, there have several non-CVT autos that go poof at 50-60k.
You are right, Acura and Honda come to mind....

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Whether sub 100K failure is a fluke or not, I will walk away from the Murano, and any other CVTs, until they can be repaired instead of replaced.
That's not true. I will RUN away. :2:

Homer

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
soytinly....
but I was talking nissan.....
and I was saying why I was holding my tongue...
I love my Mo, but I'm not a rabid lover. The CVT is still unproven.
I had many a GM xmission bite the dust at around 125k and even much less, until I learned the value of changing the fluid and filter anually. After that lesson I had one with over 200k on it still going strong---and that was hauling over 16k lbs of truck and camper to boot.

·
5,244 Posts
What CVT has to do with FX? :8:

I am planning on keeping the FX but not the Murano. Cuase of CVT....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts