Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Using my Kraeger power washer, I completed my first wash on my black Murano SL. This was the first wash on this brand new baby.
In a few days, after washing and drying again, I'll do my next step which is "waxing."

As I was drying my Murano, I couldn't remove water spots on the back of my window. I tried spraying Mother's window cleaner, but it cleans but still leave the water spots. Any suggestions?:( :confused:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Mix a tablespoon of vinegar in a cup of warm water, dip a rag in and clean the glass. Make sure you don't get any on the paint or rubber. If you do, wash with water. You can also clean the glass using steel wool.

I also found this:

In the Southwest deserts water spots may be boron in which case glass cleaning products with ammonia are counter productive and mild acids like coke, vinegar and lemon juice may be worthless. If you have boron you need strong acids (Acids which can be dangerous unless you had a good lab in school that taught acid handling techniques.) I would start with lemon juice or commercial white vinegar. If that don't work, and you know acid handling techniques, hydrochloric (muratic) which has real nasty vapors. I had one place in the Nevada desert where I had to go to sulfuric which dissolved all my rags and a cheap toilet brush but it got the boron from the toilet and sink. BTW, old locals may call boron alkali salts. This bit of folk language may help you determine what your problem is.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
I know this is a foolish question but I'll throw it out anyway... Are you sure they're water spots on the outside and not marks on the inside?

-njjoe

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: My first car wash

NJJOE..

They are "water spots." When I was hand drying my Murano in my garage (no garage door), my back end was sticking out a little bit in the sun.

A few days ago, I had my "baby" tinted all around including the back. I was told do not wipe the inside of the windows for a month.

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Re: Re: My first car wash

Paniolo said:
A few days ago, I had my "baby" tinted all around including the back. I was told do not wipe the inside of the windows for a month.
I am sure they also told you not to use "amonia based" or any other cleaning product such as windex on the tint as it will damage it. Just a damp cloth is enough to clean it....

But if you just tinted it, could they just be air or water bubbles? Wait a week or two to see if they will go away.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
Glass wax works...but good luck finding it.

I have 4 cans. hehehe
This guy I used to work for was using it for a crazy operation he was doing....when he got let go, the whole operation got thrown out. I was instantly the proud owner of a case.

I just went through some threads on various sites saying how well it works.
I imagine Scratch Out from Kit would work as well. I have used it on glass before, it is way too fine to scratch it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had my first wash too, last weekend and boy I got to say it takes a lot of work washing, drying and waxing this car compare to my 350Z. I felt like I never gonna get done cleaning this baby. I had to climb up my stool to reach the top to get it nice and clean. It's different than any other car I've ever owned. I'm not complaining, just have tospend more to get it perfect. No fast sloppy jobs.:p

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
Re: Re: My first car wash

Paniolo said:
NJJOE..

They are "water spots." When I was hand drying my Murano in my garage (no garage door), my back end was sticking out a little bit in the sun.

:rolleyes:
I am not sure about "for a month" but you can not open windows for at least a week, or before all the water between tint and the glass disappear. When they applying a tint film they are doing it on the wet window, in my Maxima (my previous car) windows looks ridicules for the couple days and then it took 4 days to dry out completely and that was the time when we had 100F in the shadow. So I guess you watermarks is “in between”

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
To Murano Driver

The water spots were definetly outside of the back car window. I had three cars in the past and all were tinted all around. So I was very careful not to mess with the inside of my Murano SL

I got rid of the water spots on the window with "Mother's chrome polish."

1 - 11 of 11 Posts