Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 3 words to describe my new Murano.
Awesome!, Awesome!, Awesome!
I picked up the Murano on Saturday and cannot believe what a great car (SUV) this is. I can’t stop driving it. So far all the gadgets work great. My wife tells me to leave everything alone while I’m driving. Good advise but I can’t stop playing. Navigation system is so cool, I’m glad I got it. The ride is incredible; I am use to the SUV ride.
Right off the bat, I’m getting 24+ on the highway. Coming into work, which is 25 miles, on a two-lane road going 30-45mph stop lights…etc I got 20mpg. My last SUV was around 14 mpg, so I’m really happy with that.
I really like the sound system; I don’t think it needs to be touched, IMO. Looking forward to see how she handles in the snow. With only a couple hundred miles on her, so far no rattles, squeaks…etc. I’ll keep ya posted.
04’ Pewter, Cafe Latté, loaded + Nav

:5:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonzo,
Not sure what your getting at, but I can only tell you what I'm reading off the display. I'm sure there are many MO owners who are getting this type of mileage.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Thats great.... I'm only getting about 20 MPG, per display and based on my calculations. I have yet to take a good long 2 tank fill up trip so perhaps until then....

I would love to get 24 MPG.

How many miles do you have on your MO?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gonzo,
I picked up my car on Saturday; as of today I only have 220 miles on her. I recording that reading of 24 mpg on the way home from the dealer, 35-40 miles of highway driving at around 60-65 mph Reading all the post about the fuel economy concerns, I was pleasantly surprised with my results. Around town I’m and driving to work I am receiving around 20 mpg. The dealer filled the tank for me, so I am not sure the octane or brand he used. I’m still on my first tank. Hope nothing changes. :)

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Thanks but I wouldn't hold your breath. ONly one tank of gas... 220 miles.... you need to do some more driving and let the average settle down. I suspect its gonna drop a little bit. I hope it doesn't for you, but I think it will.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Congrats!

See this thread and That Thread for more gas mileage info.

With over 1100 miles of around town driving I get 20 mpg and on long roads trips I get 23-24 depending on wind etc. Recently, I had 1200 miles of around town driving with 20.3 mpg then drove ~1400 miles on a road trip without resetting the mpg meter in between. The result was a 21.5mpg average.

To check your highway gas mileage try this. Find a ten mile stretch, get up to speed reset your meter and drive down it 10 miles and then turn around get up to speed and reset your meter and come back 10 miles. Take the average of the two. That will account for wind and elevation differences. Keep your speed the same on both runs, use the cruise control. Try runs setting at different speeds and AC on/off etc. Kind of fun if you like driving the MO and are trying to come up with an excuse...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts