Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
That cap is going to be hot if you ever wanted to open the oil cap after a drive. Or even if you are draining the oil for an oil change, since its usually better to drain it immediately after its been warmed for a little bit.
 

·
hail 2 the snail
Joined
·
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Eric L. said:
That cap is going to be hot if you ever wanted to open the oil cap after a drive. Or even if you are draining the oil for an oil change, since its usually better to drain it immediately after its been warmed for a little bit.

i thought the same thing................


not too sure i like the idea of that...........
 

·
Nissan Enthusiast
Joined
·
197 Posts
HMMM

( In reply to photo post ) Just one question....WHY? I am having flashbacks to when the Hyundai launched the Excel series of cars. They were so cheap that everyone had one, and for its time and price it was a pretty sharp car. But they became too common and people would take a beautiful little car and add accessories to the car that had no direct impact on performance or function. They just wanted their Hyundai to look different. Now the air scoop on the hoods were hideous, the flares and tinted wind deflectors were no better. The silver protective plastic wrapped around the edge of the doors was tacky. The blackout headlight kits were worse. I have the exact same car you have (plus nav) and I dont think there is one thing about the car at this moment that is out of touch with performance, looks, feel or function (except mystery locking door problem and the ugly yellow fog lamps.. he he he) Please, I beg of you dont make the Murano into the next EXCEL. It's beautiful the way it is. (For those of you who take stuff too serious please realize that I am exaggerating!!)
 

·
hail 2 the snail
Joined
·
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: HMMM

generator said:
( In reply to photo post ) Just one question....WHY? I am having flashbacks to when the Hyundai launched the Excel series of cars. They were so cheap that everyone had one, and for its time and price it was a pretty sharp car. But they became too common and people would take a beautiful little car and add accessories to the car that had no direct impact on performance or function. They just wanted their Hyundai to look different. Now the air scoop on the hoods were hideous, the flares and tinted wind deflectors were no better. The silver protective plastic wrapped around the edge of the doors was tacky. The blackout headlight kits were worse. I have the exact same car you have (plus nav) and I dont think there is one thing about the car at this moment that is out of touch with performance, looks, feel or function (except mystery locking door problem and the ugly yellow fog lamps.. he he he) Please, I beg of you dont make the Murano into the next EXCEL. It's beautiful the way it is. (For those of you who take stuff too serious please realize that I am exaggerating!!)
gen.........lol

okay, i'll cancel my order for the curb feelers (to go on my cvt vent scoop)lol


anyway, i jus wanted to add a lil touch (its the little things that mean alot to me)..... as i will be doing an intake/manifold swap out as parts/details become available....

i already took care of the mismatching colored lights (all six match)

next?? wheels......... (will say more later!!)

S

ps- i cannot leave well-enough alone......... but that SAT button will have functionality soon dangit!!
 

·
Nissan Enthusiast
Joined
·
197 Posts
I just saw your post ont the PIAA parking lights..Very nice. I am ordering the same now...What brand / series bulb did you use for the fogs?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
443 Posts
Do I have a website for you, generator:

www.beaterz.com I think you'll like it :)

Anyway, I'm with esemes. I think the oil cap is tastefully done. It's subtle and while it doesn't offer a perfomance advantage, he's not pretending it does. I don't imagine there's going to be a huge coffee can exhaust-purple anodized CAI type aftermarket to this car. It's just not that market segment.
 

·
hail 2 the snail
Joined
·
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
generator said:
I just saw your post ont the PIAA parking lights..Very nice. I am ordering the same now...What brand / series bulb did you use for the fogs?

for the fogs, i used the hoen bulbs, (xenon match type)


check em out here

9006 for the fogs, btw


S
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top