Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little history. We have had our MO since the end of November, so almost two months now. There has been a b-pillar tick since we got the car. I can deal with that and will eventually fix it. It doesn't really bug me. There has been a noise coming from the front of the car that has been a bigger annoyance though. We have not been able to track it down. Sometimes it sounds like it is on the right side wheel well, and other times it sounds as though it is coming from the center of the bottom of the window, or behind the glove box. It mainly sounds like a louder side window tap. It doesn't happen all the time, but enough to make it very annoying. I have checked the interior, wheel well, and under the hood for anything loose. Nothing. I even pointed the antenna straight up and drove around thinking it was hitting against the wind deflector. Nothing. This afternoon after I washed the car and was drying it I noticed a problem. The bottom center of the front winshield, between the wipers, and beneath the hood, the molding that holds the window on/sealed is actually pushed under the other side molding. You can actually see the bottom of the window. I was tempted to try to pop it back, but noticed there was a tiny strip of dried glue and figured Nissan should see it and fix it. My question to you all is this: do you think this could be the cause of my front end noise? I will post three photos for you to look at. Thanks in advance. Jeff

First photo the yellow arrow points to the area. The other two are close-ups.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
466 Posts
I have a very annoying tick coming from the front of my MO as well...It has been at the dealer 7 times and they said they found what it was.....It is still in the shop so I don't know if it is fixed or not...But it was a creaking/ticking noise from behind the glove box. I guess it was something with the heating system...They had to take a large part of the dash apart. I guess when the body flexed when driving this part was rubbing together....I will see how it is on Monday when I pick it up and give you all the details of what they did....

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE

I called up the service department at noon and basically told them the above. They asked me to bring it in so they could look at it. Basically they had never seen this before. The service manager popped the piece out and put it back with the other piece. I asked if there was some glue or adhexive missing and he said nothing held it to the window. The whole piece across the bottom of the window seems more loose now and on the way home made even more noise. I am certain it is coming from there now though. The SM also said when I brought it in for the 3000 mile oil change they would schedule an extra two hours to try to fix it.

Could someone please open the hood on your MO and check how tight this piece is? I'm curious if it feels like it is attached to your front windscreen, or seems loose. Thanks in advance. Jeff

·
El Pomidoro!
30 Posts
I also have an intermittant tick coming from the front end (albeit under the steering column somewhere). I just checked my MO and I do not have a crevace as shown in your pictures. It appears to be two interlocking pieces of plastic but mine are firmly locked.

Leo

·
Registered
97 Posts
sebrex13 said:

Could someone please open the hood on your MO and check how tight this piece is? I'm curious if it feels like it is attached to your front windscreen, or seems loose. Thanks in advance. Jeff
I looked and mine is very tight. In the area of the splice between the two pieces near the pass side wiper hub, I can not even budge it at all. There are a couple of little pop off access doors on either corner, if you reach in and feel, on the pass side it feels like the plastic mould slips over the edge of the glass, as if there is a groove or channel that the glss slips into. On the driver side I can push the mould up away from the glass and there is no channel, but it is still tight and not easy to move. It sounds like your plastic cover is warped and I would say if you can pull it aways any it is not right. You can deal with trying to get the dealer to do something, or you could hose it down with contact cleaner or alcohol and gooosh it full of silly-cone sealer. Me, I'd go back to the dealer with this rpinted out in hand (Do your job service man! :D ) And then see how much of a PITA they will be to deal with. If the PITA level got too high I'd goosh it myself and be done with it. Realisticly they SHOULD replace the crapped piece of moulding and be thankful that it's a $40 part with one hour labor rather than a $700 part and three hours labor like the seat track I have to have replaced. My biggest obsticle is the college degreed service writer who knows exactly -=ZERO=- about cars. He doesn't understand there are those of us who are not owners, we are enthusiests and know things that owners do not. I've been building and racing cars since I was 15 and though I'm not on the level with Boyd or Shelby, I know what I am doing probably as well as any of his mechanics. The next obsticle is that of three dealers I HAD to buy from the ONLY one that does not open for service on Saturday.

·
Registered
32 Posts
WindsorFox said:

The next obsticle is that of three dealers I HAD to buy from the ONLY one that does not open for service on Saturday.
You know you don't have to have service done at your original dealership, right? I had some warranty work done on mine at a different dealership without problem last week (popping noise when turning full left/right)

-marius

·
Registered
18 Posts
I also have the mysterious tick comming from the front dash area. I dropped the car off tonight for service and they are going to look at the problems first thing Monday morning. Hopefully they can fix these little annoyances. I love my Murano but I don't like her talking back to me. TICK TICK

·
Registered
97 Posts
marius said:

You know you don't have to have service done at your original dealership, right? I had some warranty work done on mine at a different dealership without problem last week (popping noise when turning full left/right)
-marius
Yes, I am sure; I planned on calling the dealer next closest to me. It is more of a drive but it is out of town a little and the traffic is much lighter and the lot is a lot bigger, so it would be nicer al the way around. All that on top of being open for 6 hours on Sat. Although, I hope this will be the last time I have to go in. :4:

·
Registered
97 Posts
I don't have any rattles in mine, but I wondered why the dealer made a point to say that interior squeeks and rattles were only covered under warranty for a year.

·
Registered
466 Posts
rattles should be covered for as long as the car is in warranty..whether it be the basis or if you purchased an extended....

·
Registered
466 Posts
According to who?? My dealer did not say anything like that...This is my 3rd nissan I have purchased from them...I had my Pathfinder in with 50,000 miles to fix a rattle...no questions and it was covered by my extended warranty....I think your dealer might be trying to pull one over on you...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Well, that's what the manager said and there is a passage in the warranty book that can back it up. We shall see if I ever have a problem.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I just read read the warranty book and it does not state anywhere that rattles are only covered for the first year...It does state that "adjustments" IE wheel alignments are only covered for a year...but no mention of rattles..

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Windsor Fox! I was starting to loose faith in this forum. I appreciate you checking that out for me. I agree it isn't right. My first free oil change will be in two weeks and I will have them check it out then. Thanks again. Jeff

·
Registered
834 Posts
I had my Toyota sales person tell me the same thing that they cover rattles only for 1 year.

I have yet to ask my Nissan dealership.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts