Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Better late than never, someone asked if I had a thread so I'll show what I can and won't be in order.
This shows the return springs after removing the pump, they could have made things fit better so they don't get twisted like that.
Notice the lack of any RTV on the case ! I had not started the cleaning process when this photo was taken. The factory did not use RTV to assemble these transmissions.

Automotive tire Product Motor vehicle Camera lens Rim

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Special sockets I worked on to fit the large nuts very nicely, because if a normal socket was used and slipped and ruined a nut, where would I get a new one? Yeah go spend 700 or more for a junk yard transmission. This was a better option. Yeah have to be OCD to do this sort of work.
Automotive tire Grey Font Rim Tire

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Here is how to check and make sure the new bearings and races will be the same as the old ones for preload etc. this shows the combined dimension and yes each side was also checked to place the gears in proper location, more OCD.
The distance is actually measured by using gauge blocks after removing the gear assembly.

Clock Gauge Gas Machine Measuring instrument

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Special tool for removing the outer race in the transmission case for the transfer gears. The fingers where part of another puller but needed the mess I fabricated to do the job. The wrench has the wrong size in the photo in case anyone caught that. OCD isn't for picture taking.
Motor vehicle Crankset Automotive exterior Auto part Font

1 - 8 of 8 Posts