Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say that I have really enjoyed this vehicle for the last 4 years. The ride and comfort are superb and better than anything I have ever driven in the past. The one thing I noticed is that every vehicle I have ever had over the last 30 years...towards the last year of the lease the vehicle would be noisier and clunkier as parts and bushings I suppose wore down....not the Murano...still quiet and reliable.

I plan on hitting the car show here in Toronto next week to look at what to lease next. I can't get another Murano as the fear of them doing a complete style change would completely bum me out...but I would like to find another SUV that has a lot of the same bells and whistles as the Platinum. I plan on looking at Cadilac xt4 / Lexus / Hyundai Palisades.... any other suggestions of what is decent without going over the top? That new Genesis SUV looks nice but I feel it will be well out of my range.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I found this video of the Acura RDX interesting. I recommed watch the whole video, it's fairly comprehensive and very nicely produced:

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have to say that I have really enjoyed this vehicle for the last 4 years. The ride and comfort are superb and better than anything I have ever driven in the past. The one thing I noticed is that every vehicle I have ever had over the last 30 years...towards the last year of the lease the vehicle would be noisier and clunkier as parts and bushings I suppose wore down....not the Murano...still quiet and reliable.

I plan on hitting the car show here in Toronto next week to look at what to lease next. I can't get another Murano as the fear of them doing a complete style change would completely bum me out...but I would like to find another SUV that has a lot of the same bells and whistles as the Platinum. I plan on looking at Cadilac xt4 / Lexus / Hyundai Palisades.... any other suggestions of what is decent without going over the top? That new Genesis SUV looks nice but I feel it will be well out of my range.
You can't go wrong with an Acura. I'm not that familiar with the current model years but if its a 6 cylinder and not a turbo, that's the way I would go. Lexus has copied many of the design elements of the Murano and is always a good pic, but he price premium for the name is a bit much. Personally, I'd stay away from any GM product.

·
Registered
650 Posts
You can't go wrong with an Acura. I'm not that familiar with the current model years but if its a 6 cylinder and not a turbo, that's the way I would go. Lexus has copied many of the design elements of the Murano and is always a good pic, but he price premium for the name is a bit much. Personally, I'd stay away from any GM product.
The RDX is a 4 cylinder turbo unfortunately...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Despite its flaws, I don't know of any other vehicle that offers so much comfort and features for the price. Bells and whistles vary depending on the manufacturer; head up display, directional headlights, auto folding side mirrors, wiper defroster, etc. can be found on some of the Murano competitors while they may lack around view monitor, pano sunroof, etc. Since you're in Canada, I would add Outback XT Premier, CX-5 Signature, CX-9 Signature to your list. You could look at Blazer, Passport, Highlander. Some are sporty, some are boxy, some are well, different than your current ride...Good luck with your quest and don't do like me and lose sleep when I'm in the same situation!

You could also buy your current vehicle and get a new Murano later when they come out with the 4th Gen, probably for 2021 or most likely 2022.

·
Registered
118 Posts
After leasing 3 Murano Platinums, I too visited the auto show in Grand Rapids MI a couple of weeks ago just to see if there was anything else besides a Murano that would interest me. Love the Audi Q5 albeit smaller, and loved the Acura RDX! As much tech as any Murano, but when you compare the price points of these two vehicles to Murano, your looking at ~$10k more in price. Also, when I was leasing Nissan would pull me out of the lease with no penalty and waived as much as 7 months of lease payments as long as I continued to lease. Those days are gone now and the most Nissan would give me was 1 month free before end of contract. But they are dealing here in the USA and discounted ~$8,000 off list just for starters. Financing on a 5 year loan was only .9% so I wound up purchasing a 2020 SL with Tech Pkg and I couldn't be happier. Happy shopping!

·
Super Moderator
8,047 Posts
If you're feeling flush, the Lincoln Navigator reportedly has the crowd beat on luxury.

·
Registered
845 Posts
If you're feeling flush, the Lincoln Navigator reportedly has the crowd beat on luxury.
Lincoln Navigator = Lonely guy on frozen lake!

I'll stick with the Murano! Waiting for a new model to see if they keep the lines.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
234 Posts
The new Highlander looks pretty neat. Interior is nice too. The infotainment system in it makes the Murano's look like 1990s stuff in comparison.

·
Registered
845 Posts
The new Highlander looks pretty neat. Interior is nice too. The infotainment system in it makes the Murano's look like 1990s stuff in comparison.
I just don't understand the really big deal people make out of having to have an elaborate "radio" in a vehicle. Basing a vehicle purchase on an audio system is insane, and I LOVE my music LOUD. BUT, relatively cheaply, you can upgrade/replace an audio unit to improve the sound.

First, your DRIVING! Beyond listening to some kind of audio (Talking on a phone thru Bluetooth is still "eyes on the road".), what else can you expect to do with it while paying attention to the road and what's going on around you? Yup, just because there's no traffic, you know the road, etc, things popup suddenly, like a bad pot hole that wasn't there the day before. Killed a boyfriend of my daughter's, riding a motorcycle, was talking to his ride buddy, hit a pot hole and landed straight on his head! He drove that road daily, if not more!

The average driver spends less then 2% of their drive time in their car not actually driving. This doesn't take into account the time spent stopped in traffic, etc. This is time when the car is in park. "Gee, I'll spend $$$ extra on something that I might use once every 6 months, if that." OK!

I guess I'm getting too old to understand how it seems that more and more people are getting stuck with their noses in some kind of electronic device, seemly totally unaware of what's going on around them. Especially when I see them driving while staring at some kind of electronic device. Yea, that includes the trucker that had a tablet propped up on his steering wheel watching a movie going down the highway at 60+ MPH, wandering back and forth in the lane yesterday. My wife and I have a name for them: "Phone Zombies"

Have a good day.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry I dont lease vehicles I'm usually out of the loop with newer vehicles. Just curious, why do you lease?
I own a business and it is a good way to expense a vehicle. I have bought out a few of my leased vehicles for my wife to drive as my mileage is under 100k. When you do the math, leasing is not that much more at the end of the term ( if you decide to buy it out) and you have the option to simply return the vehicle and get something new. Cars are not an investment.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Went to the auto show yesterday and took a look at a lot of SUV's... The one thing that was sort of important was the rear area where I keep my golf clubs all summer. Most of these new SUV's have very little space back there and you would be forced to drop a seat to allow the clubs to fit. The Acura RDX was high n my list, but it was about $6,000 more than the Murano with less room in the rear and that crazy button system for shifting gears... I did like the paddle shifters, so it is still in the loop. The Audi' Q5 with an option package that takes it to where the Platinum is would be well over $60,000...OUCH!!! not happening!!! Looked at the Infinity Q50...remarkably similar in the cockpit as the Murano with the exact same screen between the gauges. Was nice looking inside but smaller than the Murano. Went to the rear and again smaller area, clubs would have to go an a hard angle to fit....also noticed that it did not have the seat buittons for returning the seats back up and now wonder if it had it at the front....I really like that option.... $10,000 - 12,000 more than the Murano...go get bent!!!
I looked at the Cadilac xt5 and it is smaller inside and again the club issue and more expensive... so after looking at all these cars I sort of left the show feeling like there was nothing for me.

I did look at the Palisades and although I liked it, I don't need 3 rows of seats The vehicle has good reviews though....

This morning I remember looking at the Santa Fe and the version they had on the floor was $47,000 !!! A Santa Fe!!! That seemed like a lot and I just walked on but this mornign I decided to look it up on You Tube and it gets a really good review and this version ( limited AWD 2 litre turbo) is loaded with lots of great features. After watching the video I made a call and left a message for my Leasing agent to get me lease pricing. I'm sure the clubs will have to fit on a 45 degree angle, but at least thi svehicle comes in under 50K.

I did look at the new Murano Platinum, and it is pretty much the same with some nice changes to the front grill and a few more bells and whistle, but I can't lease the same vehicle again knowing they are going to do a full change in a year or so.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Would the golf clubs fit in the murano? I have had luck with some of those trailer hitch attachment things. They make traveling nice. Got one of those cargo holders that support up to 500lbs and was able to bring everything we needed on a long vacation without sacrificing visibility out the back window. Also, there are hitch attachment for bikes and all kinds of things. I realize you may be comfortable driving with your clubs always in the car for convenience but maybe with an easy attachment you could simply strap them on and go golf that day or instance. From what you have experienced at the auto show, it sounds like you may need to compromise somewhere and I'm just throwing out ideas of things that have worked for me. I do believe they also have a variety of month by month rental programs they end up being not quite a lease but not quite a rental car by day or week price. Anyways, good luck to ya!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Too bad the Santa Fe doesn't have the corporate 290 HP 3.3L V6; for that reason, I would choose the Sorento and leave the 3rd seat folded (It's the last year for the V6). The 2.0T at 240 HP is missing the extra punch but you can always take it for a spin and see for yourself if it's good enough for your needs. Hyundai just like Nissan, has good discounts so don't let sticker prices steer you away. As you probably know, monthly lease payments depends on many factors; negociated price, term, interest rate, residual value, promotions, etc.

You could also lease a Murano for 2 years but it would cost more...Good luck and please keep us posted!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Another idea...Instead of leasing for 4 years, you could go for 5 years and afford a more expensive vehicle like the RDX if nothing else suits your needs.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts