Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Another vehicle to look at is the Mazda CX-9. I went from a Murano Platinum to a CX-9 Grand Touring and love driving this vehicle. I leave the 3rd row folded and love how much cargo room there is. And for shorter drives I had all rows filled and everyone was comfortable.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Went to a Hyundai dealership to look at not just the Santa Fe but I really like the insides of the fully loaded Palisades... WOW!!! and then I sat down quickly with a salesman and just said give me the cost on a 4 year lease.... I was shocked... $850 Cdn monthly nothing down. The interest rates Hyundai offers is close to 5% Not happening!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Went to a Hyundai dealership to look at not just the Santa Fe but I really like the insides of the fully loaded Palisades... WOW!!! and then I sat down quickly with a salesman and just said give me the cost on a 4 year lease.... I was shocked... $850 Cdn monthly nothing down. The interest rates Hyundai offers is close to 5% Not happening!!!
I too was looking at the Hyundai’s and Kias but those rates are super high. I almost got another Murano till I drove the cx9 and I loved it and the rates were amazing on them. Don’t regret it one bit.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have driven a cx9 and I found that the insides felt more like a car with the windsheild very close instead of farther away. They look very nice from the outside..I might look into one and give it another try if my leasing company comes in with crazy numbers

·
Registered
234 Posts
I just don't understand the really big deal people make out of having to have an elaborate "radio" in a vehicle. Basing a vehicle purchase on an audio system is insane, and I LOVE my music LOUD. BUT, relatively cheaply, you can upgrade/replace an audio unit to improve the sound.
The stereo really wasnt a detractor or an influence in my decision to buy a Murano. All I really wanted was factory bluetooth support. I came from a car that just had AM/FM/CD, so anything beyond that was just NASA stuff to me.

However, you cant deny how much nicer some of the stuff other manufacturers are putting into their cars is compared to Nissans. I was simply pointing that out.

·
Super Moderator
8,058 Posts
From reports, the Atlas is a very large SUV, comparable to a Chevy Suburban. Quite a different class of vehicle than the Murano. What kind of passengers and cargo do you carry?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just don't understand the really big deal people make out of having to have an elaborate "radio" in a vehicle. Basing a vehicle purchase on an audio system is insane, and I LOVE my music LOUD. BUT, relatively cheaply, you can upgrade/replace an audio unit to improve the sound.

First, your DRIVING! Beyond listening to some kind of audio (Talking on a phone thru Bluetooth is still "eyes on the road".), what else can you expect to do with it while paying attention to the road and what's going on around you? Yup, just because there's no traffic, you know the road, etc, things popup suddenly, like a bad pot hole that wasn't there the day before. Killed a boyfriend of my daughter's, riding a motorcycle, was talking to his ride buddy, hit a pot hole and landed straight on his head! He drove that road daily, if not more!

The average driver spends less then 2% of their drive time in their car not actually driving. This doesn't take into account the time spent stopped in traffic, etc. This is time when the car is in park. "Gee, I'll spend $$$ extra on something that I might use once every 6 months, if that." OK!

I guess I'm getting too old to understand how it seems that more and more people are getting stuck with their noses in some kind of electronic device, seemly totally unaware of what's going on around them. Especially when I see them driving while staring at some kind of electronic device. Yea, that includes the trucker that had a tablet propped up on his steering wheel watching a movie going down the highway at 60+ MPH, wandering back and forth in the lane yesterday. My wife and I have a name for them: "Phone Zombies"

Have a good day.
the same reason why we want a nice plush set of seats, Thats like me saying why worry about having nice comfortable seats when all i do is keep my eyes on the road while driving. I could go to a store and buy a better lumbar support or whatever for relatively cheap. why do that though when i can shop around make sure i am getting my bells and whistles for the money im paying. I use my infotainment a lot when driving the murano, i paid for it why not. I understand seems like you are and older generation, but to the newer generations we want to have biggest bang for our bucks. Im not going to go for a lower trim model on a car just to eventually spend money on upgrading it to sometihng aftermarket. Me personally i dont like aftermarket look on newer cars. Now if i had a old beater and wanted to go and get a new radio installed totally makes sense otherwise not so much. Cars are bad investments which im sure you already know so when i get something i want it to have a nice infotainment system and all the bells and whisltes i can afford and not have to worry about investing money on it later. upgrading anything to aftermarket usually depreciates your cars value when you are doing a trade in or selling private or to dealer.

·
Registered
757 Posts
From reports, the Atlas is a very large SUV, comparable to a Chevy Suburban. Quite a different class of vehicle than the Murano. What kind of passengers and cargo do you carry?
Sorry Pilgrim...more like a Traverse, CX-9, Pilot, Highlander, Pathfinder, etc.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I think I have made my decision. I was looking at the new Hyundai Palidades at the auto show and I was blown away by the interior layout. This vehicle has everything. Lease rates are high and that is a bummer. The interest rate on a Santa Fe is at about 1.9% but the Palasades is at 4.99%...Monthly before tax is about $725. Tough pill to swallow but my inner child is pushing me for it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Just curious as to how much are the lease payments on your Murano?

·
Registered
757 Posts
$625 tax in
Thanks! That was a good deal. It makes sense since your Murano was about $10K less;). Today a Pathfinder Platinum would cost you about the same as the Palisade top trim and if I was in your shoes, I would take the Palisade which is up to date. Let us know when you bite the bullet!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
New Palisades Ultimate is coming in Monday.Looking forward to hopefully having proper working seat heaters and ventilation.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts