Nissan Murano Forum banner

My Mo Got Hit !!!

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  hasaanbhutta 
#1 ·
*&(@#@(*#@(#&@#^&*%^&^@%!@+_(JKLAHD

yes, these are the thoughts of my mind as i saw that lady backing up without even bothering to look back in the mirror and hit my mo right at the front...............:cursin: :banghead:

i was in total shock...since this being my first accident and that on my MO..... i was about to cry.... i got out of car and before even looking at her, looked at my mo... she had this big scar on the front.

the lady came out apologizing and i couldnt say any word... she goes, "it looks you really like your car"..... FUC% YES, I LOVE MY CAR and now i love it even more since its hurt.....

here are the pics of my HURT MO

First second third

but there were 2 things which went good

a. air bags didnt come out (i wonder why, even though it was hit by front)

b. wife had just gone to get the baby from babysitter(had the baby been in the car, it could have got even worse. )

i filed my claim online just now and gonna wait for insurance.... here in SK it is controlled by a government based isurance company so it shouldnt be as ugly as going through 2 different companies with 2 different policies

See less See more
#2 ·
Sorry to hear that. I know the feeling. I was on the highway... sudden stopage traffice. The MO stopped without hitting the car in front but the Honda behind me didn't stop in time and hit me and then pushed me into the car in front.

I also got backed into last week... from me wife... with me in the MO!!!!! Only minor damage to the non-oem front lisc plate holder.

I guess people are just attracted to the MO.

#3 ·
hasaanbhutta-

Sorry about the accident.

Air bags?!? Could have been worse?? :confused: Why were you surprised the air bags did not deploy? From the pictures I assume you were stopped and the woman basically grazed your front bumper while traveling one or two miles per hour. Am I correct? The air bags are only going to deploy in situations where they can do some good. This certainly was not one of those situations.

-njjoe

#4 ·
Just looked at your pictures. Not so bad. I bed some rubbing compound would take that off. IMHO I would NOT have the body shop take care of this. They will want to repaint the entire bumper and there aint now way it will be like factory for the entire bumber.

#5 ·
Gonzo said:
I also got backed into last week... from me wife... with me in the MO!!!!!
:21:

Gonzo, did she somehow blame it on you?

-njjoe

#6 ·
Happened to me to. I was in the Murano. Imagine Super Target parking lot.....jus a few cars out there.....and two women backing off from parking spaces.......rest is history...........my rear bumper has sctraches......I do not like it but, hey, I can live with it. At the end it is only a car......

#8 ·
are you ever lucky your insurance is controlled by the gov't. in alberta insurance is crazy because it isn't. even though this makes it more competitive for insurance companies, the rates are still higher than anywhere in canada. i think you should try rubbing it out first because the body shop probably won't be able to match the oem color(surprisingly silver is a very hard color to match)

#9 ·
Sorry to hear about that - at least it was just bumper damage.

The front airbags will not deploy unless the front end gets crushed in - and like njjoe wrote already, there is no need to deploy the airbags for a bumper scratch.

#10 ·
hasaanbhutta

Just think of the positives you pointed out. You also have no structural damage which could make it easy for you to fall out of love with this car after repair.

Just kiss the Wife and Kid and go from there. Material things CAN be replaced.

Good luck

njmo

#13 ·
ok. now i got the appraisal done yesterday and it was quoted for 850$. i noticed the bumper also got deformed (bent in) if you look from top. dont have those pictures but it made me even more mad.

now i will take it to local nissan's recommended repair shop.

will keep you posted

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.