Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been reading this board ever since I ordered my Morano on March 6. Still nothing in my driveway. I'm not sure if the dealer or Nissan is holding me up. Here's a chronology:

March 6, agreed on price, gave a deposit, and found this site.

March 8, dealer placed order with Nissan during the first of March ordering window.

First of April, dealer received a credit. Explanation - my car was not in the system as a "sold order". It got bumped.
It was reordered during the April buying window. The plan was to have it ordered and accepted in April, build in May, and delivered in June.

Last week I asked the dealer for a status. He told me he'd look at his "DCS" report which should show all cars to be delivered for 30 days out. Mine was not on that list, but the last one showing was June 4. The report did not show the full 30 days.

Trying to avoid another disappointmetn, I asked the dealer to call Nissan and find someone with a 60 day report. The dealer has not been able to get calls returned.

The sale was throught the Sales Manager. Earlier today, I escalated to the General Manager. He said he'd check into it and call back - but no call came today.

I'm ready to escalate to a higher level, but haven't decided whether to call the group office (there are a large number of dealerships under one management) - or - ship right to the top and call Nissan USA.

I'm open to some ideas. If I call Nissan, is Customer Service the most effective place, or is there a name and number the anyone has found to be more effective.

This is very frustrating. I have never had so much trouble spending $35K. Any thoughts, ideas or encouraging words ...

·
Mo Betta
163 Posts
It takes approximately 90 days from the time you order until your Mo arrives -- the standard two-month build time plus a month on the boat. The info available to the dealers (at least to my dealer) was 45 days.

I was lucky. My dealer found a "spare" configured the way I wanted it that was already on the boat so I only had to wait a month.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I ordered my Mo in early January and it didn't arrive until late April. That was about two weeks longer than the 90 days and the dealer was painfully unaware of any information about the status of my car. I found out later that the dealer had botched the order and that explained the two week delay. This confirms that 90 days is typical. I'd go back to the dealer and make him give you a better explanation informing him that you are well aware of the time it takes from order to receipt. If he's not helpful, go to another dealer.

Something also to keep in mind - you are ordering a car late in the model year. Your dealer may be trying to bamboozle you into taking one of the Mo's he has in stock so he's not stuck when the 2005's come out in only about three more months - OR, he simply can't order a 2004 because the factory has shifted over to the production of 2005's in time for the late summer/early fall release of the new model year.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Too bad you don't live in Ontario. All kinds sitting on the lots here. Nissan CA is even offering $500 cash back after you negotiate your deal with the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
jetnbye said:
Too bad you don't live in Ontario. All kinds sitting on the lots here. Nissan CA is even offering $500 cash back after you negotiate your deal with the dealer.
There are quite a few on the lots here in the Seattle area as well. Unfortunately, the configuration I want is aparently not very popular, and every time the dealer searches inventory they can't find one to my liking on the western half of the US!

To order or to wait for the 2005.... That is the question at hand (and has been for quite some time now).

~ Corin

·
Registered
59 Posts
My first choice of color and trim wasn't on the lot either. But i'm a wimp when it comes to waiting, so the dealer cut me a sweet deal on my second choice
and an O.K. price for my trade. I had no other option but to drive the MO home that day AND keep my sanity. I knew it would be too much for me to see all those MOs on the road. Hang in there! But I think that there isn't a color choice that this baby doesn't wear well. MO_808

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
1 Where are you?
2 What did you order?
3 Did you or your dealer check other dealers in your area/region?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Aloha Ekaxel: I live in Honolulu on the island of Oahu, Hawaii (hence the area code "808"). As far as i know there are only 3 nissan dealerships on the island. Like i said, I'm not a very patient guy when it comes to cars so i didn't bother placing an order. My trade was giving me problems and i didn't want to deal with it anymore.

My best friend had worked with the general manager and the sales manager for many years so I walked into the dealership with him. We settled on a Glacier/SL with the premium package - that was all the car i needed. He gave me a number that was $125 over invoice and that was good enough for me. Gave me a decent price for my trade and he handed me the keys. No fuss,
no muss.

So far i've put the nissan crossbars on it (i've got 2 car seats in it 24/7, so it helps to just strap the surf boards on the roof) I took off the emblems, put on front mud guards and put on the back bumper guard.

Next will be tinting front windows to match the rest and i'm also looking into
the body moldings. But I can't seem to convince myself to add more clutter to
simplicity of the design. But i guess paranoia about dings might solve that.

thanks for asking - enjoy your ride. MO_808

1 - 9 of 9 Posts