Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no idea how it works, but yesterday the vehicle informed of high winds in the area 3 times during the day while driving. I have heard it do this in the past but it has sat dormant for about 2 years and then it talks about the wind. Very strange, not sure how it does it or who controls it...I dont have satelite radio either.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Certain areas were given free satellite radio for about a week. This is why you're getting the notifications.

My satellite radio has been working since Sunday but I'm sure it will go away soon.

They periodically unlock it for you to entice you into getting a subscription.

I find its about twice a year mine comes back for a week and then turns off.

·
Registered
699 Posts
SirusXM free until Dec. 3.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have no idea how it works, but yesterday the vehicle informed of high winds in the area 3 times during the day while driving. I have heard it do this in the past but it has sat dormant for about 2 years and then it talks about the wind. Very strange, not sure how it does it or who controls it...I dont have satelite radio either.
Bumblebeeeee?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Driving my wife's 2017.5 and we got the same wind warning. And I swear that I saw traffic conditions (little green lines) on the map every once and awhile! So maybe they do try to entice you in a subliminal way;)

·
Super Moderator
7,793 Posts
Our 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee presents high wind and weather warnings on the touch screen, evidently as part of the Navigation service. Sounds like such a warning system is becoming "a thing" on a number of Nav systems.

·
Registered
179 Posts
It's a nice feature, but it only alerts you if there is a weather alert, not simply "thunderstorm ahead" or "current condition snow in 40 miles". It warned me the whole way back home of the winter storm warning that was issued a day earlier.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts