Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2010 Nissan Murano kept saying "the voltage is to low" over and over then just died. I went to get it tested and the battery was dead and my alternator didn't register voltage. I checked all the fuses, replaced the battery and terminals, the alternator and wiring harness and replaced the belt. I went to get it retested same result low battery voltage and no alternator voltage and my Murano said "the voltage is to low" again. I don't know what to do, I can't drive it and now I can't afford anymore repairs.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
If you had your alternator replaced by a shop, just call them and tell them the alternator they put in was no good. Stranded you. Have them tow you to their shop at their expense and have them replace it. If you did your own repair, where ever you got your alternator should have free replacement for at least a few months.

If you just bought this car, its possible its a flood car? Or its an issue the previous owner can't figure out and just sold it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you had your alternator replaced by a shop, just call them and tell them the alternator they put in was no good. Stranded you. Have them tow you to their shop at their expense and have them replace it. If you did your own repair, where ever you got your alternator should have free replacement for at least a few months.

If you just bought this car, its possible its a flood car? Or its an issue the previous owner can't figure out and just sold it?
I bought the parts and replaced all of it myself.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,311 Posts
My 2010 Nissan Murano kept saying "the voltage is to low" over and over then just died. I went to get it tested and the battery was dead and my alternator didn't register voltage. I checked all the fuses, replaced the battery and terminals, the alternator and wiring harness and replaced the belt. I went to get it retested same result low battery voltage and no alternator voltage and my Murano said "the voltage is to low" again. I don't know what to do, I can't drive it and now I can't afford anymore repairs.
Did you check the high-current fuses on the fusible link attached to the positive battery terminal?

Reactions: Robotaz
1 - 5 of 5 Posts