Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new Murano yesterday... I LOVE IT !! It drives so nicely and all the extra littles make it fun. I love the color, Plat with Char Inter... and everyone I show it too seems truely impressed. I love the intel key... that is just awesome !!

I plan on buying the black nerf bars, front tube bar (Will a gray bar look okay with black nerfs? How come the nerfs dont come in the same color as the front tube bar?)

I also would like to get the auto start put in eventually... I live in Jersey and it will come in handy on those cold days.

Here is a picture of me w/ my with new "Mo." Did I mention that I love it???

- TheGymKid

Attachments

·
Registered
485 Posts
Welcome to the club Kid, what are the specs on that sparkling new machine of yours? :)

And I agree, that front tube bar needs to be black, when I finally get one I'll get it repainted to match the other bits I'm pondering...

·
5,244 Posts
What can I say ? I am glad you love your Murano!!!!.

I just got back from NJ. And I have to say I did not realise how nice ths part of country it was. So enjoy your new automobile!!!

;)

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome MightyMo / Kris. I bought it with 8 miles on it... 20 after they got back from detailing it. I got the Charcoal leather with the touring package. They owe me a wind visor for the moonroof that I'll pick up when they get it in. I got it for $500 under invoice when all said and done. It's AWESOME. Can I sleep in it? ha ha

I just came in from sitting in it in my garage... I'm such a geek. I set the garage door opener to work with it and programed the seats/mirrors/pedals to memory with my intel key.

I'm about to search for the best place to buy the Nerf bars, black ones. That will be my first personalization. I have seen some posts saying to check out 1stnissonparts.com and MyNissanparts.com.... are those the best places to purchase them at? Any recomendations from someone who bought them already?

- TheGymKid

Attachments

·
Registered
151 Posts
Nice Choice

I have the same car and it is about a month old. Just had the two from windows tinted today and I have hardwired the radar detector. Nothing done on the outside but just keeping it clean. Enjoy the ride and remember she does not drive like cars with regular trannys. If you are easy on the pedal she will be easy on your pocket as far as gas. The power is there when you need it but very seldom should you need to use it unless you like racing to red lights.:)

Welcome to the Platinum Club!!! Perhaps we will cross paths sometime in NJ.

njmo

·
Registered
81 Posts
welcome gym kid.. i am also from old bridge! what a small world.. is the first picture near the park and ride by lawrence harbor? looks familiar.. anyway congrats on the new purchase maybe i'll see you around

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome...Great Looking MO....I have the same one....

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. NJMO... well right now I like playing with the power of the Mo... i'm sure it is going to cost me more, but your right, i'll back off to save a little $$

Jay... small world. Yes that is where the pic was taken. I live down by the Ferry Road Hospital though. When I use to have a motorcycle I would give the wave to another bike when I rode by... do Mo's have a signal?? A flash of the lights, a wave a little honk? ha ha. Anyway.... anyone able to help on getting the nerf bars please?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Platinum is getting popular! I certainly think it's the best color, and not just because that's what mine is! Just slightly different than the other comon colors out there on the road, but no obnoxious like the copper (sorry, all your copper-owning people, but it just makes me shudder). :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Speaking of "obnoxious", if you knew me personally, you'd say my Sunlit Copper/Cabernet MO is just perfect for me. BTW, "silver" is the most common color of car now adays. That's it, blend into the herd! I'll keep my "obnoxious" vehicle.

Regards,

Big

·
Registered
470 Posts
Silver is very common because it is both practical and attractive, but Platinum is something special !!!!! Nissan is now featuring the Platinum color in its brochures and commercials instead of the copper color.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would think, this is why they make cars in different colors.. for those who like the Copper color and think silver is dime a dozen, and for those who like the silver who think the copper looks like puke. The plat color is simple, but sharp in my eyes. My girl tried to talk me into getting the blue so we had some color in the car... but I have always bought gray. It's so easy to keep it looking clean. I'm very very happy with my color.

So... I'm still looking for advice on where people ordered their Nerf bars from?

Thanks, TheGymKid

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
TheGymKid said:

Jay... small world. Yes that is where the pic was taken. I live down by the Ferry Road Hospital though. When I use to have a motorcycle I would give the wave to another bike when I rode by... do Mo's have a signal?? A flash of the lights, a wave a little honk? ha ha. Anyway.... anyone able to help on getting the nerf bars please?

Thanks
wow definately a small world.. thats right about where i live.. i havent seen any platinum Mo's around yet.. we're bound to run into each other eventually so i'll be on the look out..

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
TheGymKid

zebelkhan - Thanks, i emailed him and asked if he sells them in the black instead of Chrome. Do you like them? Do they get in the way of getting in and out of the Mo?

Coness - Thanks... one of those sites is one that I'm considering buying from as well.

j a y - You will see me on the road alot now... It's actually fun to drive around in the Murano. I'm looking for excuses to go out driving now.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
TheGymKid

TheGymKid said:
zebelkhan - Thanks, i emailed him and asked if he sells them in the black instead of Chrome. Do you like them? Do they get in the way of getting in and out of the Mo?
I love the bars, and surprisingly my wife does not object to them (she usually does not like to add anything to the car), but just between you and I, IMHO they take a bit away from the smooth and curvy style of the MO and make it rougher looking. If you like that, then it will be a great addition to your MO. Also, if I am not carefull I feel them hitting the back of my leg when I get out of the car but I am not tall (5' 7") so a taller person may not have a problem. It does not get in the way when I get into the car and it does a great job hiding the low hanging center muffler.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yeah, Platinum is going to appeal to the "sheeple" in this marketplace. I understand...gotta give into mass marketing sooner or later! :2:

Regards,

Big

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nerf Bars

Hello All...

I'm wondering, how can I find a Murano with the nerf bars on it so I can see it and maybe get in and out of the car to see if I like it. I hate to go buy it and decide I really don't like them. I have only seen them in pictures and like the way it looks. Any suggestions? Anyone live in central Jersey that has nerf bars or a Tube bar on their Murano that I can chk out somehow?

Thanks

1 - 20 of 32 Posts