Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, my MO 2003 starts making noise in the engine recently, I went to many dealerships but no one knows what's problem!!! Does anyone know?
Here is the video. My MO has exactly this noise
I tried to change the fuel damper( rear and front) but nothing changed at all...Can anyone help me please!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Has anyone pulled a valve cover and measured the clearance between the cam lobes and the lash caps?

Because that is what it sounds like.

·
Super Moderator
8,580 Posts
I hear clicking. If not fuel dampers, you might benefit from the same advice I gave in another thread - get an auto stethoscope and go around the engine to localize it.

Sounds louder near the back of the engine...could be a cam or lifter issue on the rear bank of the V-6.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Is this a new noise? If not, could it simply be the normal noises made by the fuel injectors?

-njjoe

·
Registered
13 Posts
This noise is exactly noise from my 02 Nissan Altima 3.5SE V6 same engine with a 03-07 MO, this noise is come from the valves tapping. Used one bottle of a Lucas oil products heavy-duty oil stabilizer from Adavance auto Parts or Wal-Mart for your next oil change , this noise will go away after a couple hundred miles.

·
Super Moderator
8,580 Posts
Kinda hard to tell, but it's loud enough in contrast to the engine that I would say it's not normal FI noise.

·
Registered
50 Posts
sounds like noisy valve lifters,
high mileage, long interval between oil changes, dirty fuel injectors, and a worn crankshaft could lead to this.
try using a higher octane gas, say 94, this might quiet down the noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all of you for giving me advices. I tried to change heavy-duty oil, but it doesn't solve the problem. In addition, it's not a normal sound because it just start making noise recently and it's much louder than the engine sound that I had before.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, my MO 2003 starts making noise in the engine recently, I went to many dealerships but no one knows what's problem!!! Does anyone know?
Here is the video. My MO has exactly this noise
I tried to change the fuel damper( rear and front) but nothing changed at all...Can anyone help me please!!!
I don’t know if you have fixed the problem if not it sounds like the POWER ASSY AIR INTAKE MANIFOLD faults. The center pin that goes right in side the manifold usually get lose. The power Assy is locate on the passenger side of the intake manifold

1 - 10 of 10 Posts