Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my pop charger on Friday, and have been driving around trying it out. My initial impressions are as follows:

Install is easy. Very easy. Could put back to stock in about 30 minutes. Install took about 45 minutes. I left the center "scoop" in place give more cool air when moving.

It sounds nice. Up to about 2k RPMs, it sounds almost stock, but after that the sound increases quite a bit. Above about 4500 RPMs it's really loud. If you like the quietness of the Murano, don't buy this. If you would like a more aggressive sound, go for it.

Water is not a problem. Was out in a thunderstorm yesterday, following people on the highway and whatnot, no problems at all with water. The filter actually sits farther back than I had originally though.

Power seems smoother (if you can believe that), but there does seem to be more of it. Throttle response seems improved. If you goose the gas, you can really feel it. If you floor it, it doesn't feel any faster, but I keep getting surprised when I look down at the speedometer. :D
And when travelling about 50mph or more, this is even more true. Very nice for passing.

I'll post pics soon.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A few more thoughts.

There is a nice little whistle sound sometimes when letting off or starting to press on the gas.

High pressure car washes don't cause any problems.

After having put on about 300 miles over the weekend, the power keeps improving. Today I punched it from a stop, and was very surprised at the take-off.

All in all, I'm very impressed with this product.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Tyler - What was the cost?

Can you take some pics!

It sounds very :cool:

·
Registered
423 Posts
I can agree with exhaust but plugs? (Not arguing, just wondering) I've been doing mods on all types of cars and unless you are running forced induction, usually plugs dont help at all, just extended usage for the platinums, etc.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm really impressed with the stock plugs (dual platinum is good). I'm just going to stick with those.

But I'm trying to find a good custom exhaust shop in the area. Haven't been successful yet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Does anyone make a cat back exhaust for the Murano yet? (Borla or Magnaflow, etc.)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Tyler_Canada said:
It cost $109 + shipping from Avalon Racing. www.avalonracing.net
Tyler, did you buy the one listed as JWT POP Charger 02 Altima? What kind of know how is needed for the install?

·
Registered
828 Posts
The Paddock folks do.

Dookie said:
Does anyone make a cat back exhaust for the Murano yet? (Borla or Magnaflow, etc.)

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sw1tched said:

Tyler, did you buy the one listed as JWT POP Charger 02 Altima? What kind of know how is needed for the install?
No. He told me to order any part, and in the comments area, indicate that that's not the part you want, and indicate the part number you do want.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, I missed the second part of that post. You need to know how to use a ratchet, how to loosen and tighten a hose clamp, and that's about it.

Oh, and here are a few things that'll speed it up for you:

Once you remove the visible bolts from the airbox, just pull. It's got clips that just pop off.

The shrouds and scoop on the front are attached with clips that have a screw in the middle of them. The screws just spread the bottom part of the clips, holding them in place. Placing a flat screwdriver under the screw while removing the screw, makes it come out easier. REMOVE THESE CLIPS BEFORE PULLING ON THE PARTS THEY ATTACH. I lost one clip, because they all went flying when I pulled the right shroud off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts