Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I have been waiting for over a year to get my black MO. It will only be available in Singapore some time in September. But strangely I will be buying quite a few MO related accessories before I even get the car.

I have been reading a lot about the MO accessories in this forum, and I have a pretty good idea what I would like to get. The thing is, the shipping charge from US to Singapore is a killer and sometimes the vendor does not even ship outside of the States. Therefore, since I will be coming over to the States for 10-days business meeting in early August, I am planning to go on a shopping spree. Here is some of the stuff that I am planning to get:

1. 4-piece Body side mouldings - $121.62 (just raise price from $86.50)
2. Cargo area organizer w/cargo area protector - $115.50
3. Rear bumper protector $25.38
4. Murano SS Trim Combo - $315 (10% discount being associated with this forum). This will include 12-piece Window package, 6-piece Rocker Panel, tailgate Trim and License Plate Bezel.
5. 4-piece vent shade In-Channel wind deflector (eBay)
6. Telescoping Dog ramp - $99.99

Item 1-3 is from Nissanparts4less.com. I am a bit unclear about item 2 and am trying to clarify with them what is included in that item. I am looking for the cargo area protector which should be just a rubber mat that covers the whole cargo area. Not sure it should cost $115.50? Perhaps there is this cargo area organizer? In the catalog, it is listed as Cargo area organizer –All w/cargo area protector. Anyone know what a cargo area organizer is?

Item 4 is from QAAUSA which has “advertised” in our forum and they give 10% discount as long as we quoted nissanmurano.org.

Item 5 is from eBay – hopefully the in-channel vent shade will not cover up my window trim from item 4.

Item 6 is from dogramp.com - for getting my dog in and out of the cargo area.

Does the price sounds reasonable? Anyone has any other suggestions on what else I should get while I am in the States?

·
Registered
781 Posts
A couple thoughts...

Are you shipping it back or packing it in your luggage?

Since all of these things are online - are you having them shipped to the hotel? Do you have friends of family who will accept a shipment?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. 10 days will not be enough for getting some of the stuff. I suggest purchasing them ahead of time and shipping them to a relative or to the office so when you come to the US you just pick them up.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
cargo organizer

The cargo organizer is different than the floor mat. Two separate things.

Look at this thread for picks of the organizer (thread starts off about the net, but there are some good pictures of the organizer as well):
http://www.nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4337&highlight=organizer

If what you're looking at is indeed a package deal of both the cargo protector and the cargo organizer, I think that's a REALLY good deal. The price you mention is about what the organizer costs all on its own.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GMTURBO43
A couple thoughts...

Are you shipping it back or packing it in your luggage?

Since all of these things are online - are you having them shipped to the hotel? Do you have friends of family who will accept a shipment?

Zebelkhan
I was thinking the same thing. 10 days will not be enough for getting some of the stuff. I suggest purchasing them ahead of time and shipping them to a relative or to the office so when you come to the US you just pick them up.
The packages will be coming with me as luggage. I will unpack the smaller items and put them in the suitcase but for the ones like rocker panel trim and the dog ramp, I will have to check that in as luggage.

I will ask the items to be sent to hotel and perhaps for the ones with longer lead time, I will order them ahead of my trip. I am in the process of checking with each vendor and let them know my situation so they can advice me how long the lead time to produce or order from their side.

My backup plan is that I have a colleague who will return to Singapore one week after me so in case there is a delay in shipment, I can ask him to help bring it back.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: cargo organizer

Corin: I am only looking for the cargo area protector so I will be checking with the vendor to get a separate price on it.
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Re: Re: cargo organizer

chimpanzee said:
Corin: I am only looking for the cargo area protector so I will be checking with the vendor to get a separate price on it.
Thanks.
The cargo PROTECTOR alone should be quite a bit cheaper. I'm wanting to say less than $50US, but can't remember for sure.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Corin

Yes, it should be around $50. mynissanparts.com has one costs $47.20 with $19 for S&H. It's been couple of days and I still have not get a reply from Unitedauto.com on what is included in their offer. I even have Curtis Sheen's e-mail address rejected saying the email account does not exist.

Some of you might remember Curtis, the guy who has help one of our forumer (can't remember the name) identify a design flaw on the back door body side moldings which pinch onto the front door edge when fully open.

I plan to call them up today.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Back to Singapore

An update to all who is interested.

Booked my Black (KH3G) MO before I left for USA last week. Delivery date - some time in September. This is a 2.5L 2WD model not the 3.5L CVT. Mine will be the first batch that get deliver to Singapore.

I did not get exactly what I wanted. There is no rear and side camera as available in the JDM model, Roof rack becomes optional as I did not want the sunroof. No seat and side mirror memory. Are these available in the US model?

A quick run down on the major specs.:
- Model - 2.5L 2WD
- Engine - QR25DE
- Transmission - 4AT
- Max Output - 120KW (163PS) / 5,200 rpm
- Max Torque - 245Nm (26.0Kgm) / 3,600 rpm
- ABS
- no VDC (not even as an option, but standard in the 3.5L model)
- Intelligent key system
- leather upholstery (Charcoal)
- Xenon headlamps
- Front fog lamps
- BOSE audio system (factory)
- 6.3" LCD display (mono)
- Immoblizer
- Rear tonneau cover
- Dual front+curtain airbags
- 225/65R18 tyres
- 18-inch alloy rims (factory)

Apart from the engine, what closest model will this be in the States? The only option in the car is the sunroof and roof rack. For Singapore, we will have only one spec for 2.5L 2WD and one spec. for 3.5L 4WD so we will not be getting something like "SL" in the back of the car (kind of out-of-balance with just the word Murano on the left).

I am now back from the States with:

1. 4-piece Body side mouldings
2. Cargo protector
3. Rear bumper protector
4. Murano SS Trim. This includes 12-piece Window package & 6-piece Rocker Panel.
5. 4-piece vent shade In-Channel wind deflector
6. Telescoping Dog ramp

I took the advice from Corin & zebelkhan and place my order before I go. 3 out of the 4 packages were waiting for me in the hotel when I arrive. The last one arrived one day later. I am really impress with the efficiency of the vendors. I thought I have took a big chance to do this as I will have no way to ship the stuff back if the package did not arrive on time. My colleague who is suppose to leave one week after did not make it to the States with a family emergency. It feels kind of funny with all the accessories now but with no MO to put them on. :D

Curtis Sheen from NissanParts4less.com took my order for item 1-3 and promptly delivered. I even received an email from him to follow-up on my order today when I get back. Just want to past on a message, Curtis told me he is leaving NissanParts4less and will be going to Toyota. So many of us will be missing his great service.

·
my old ride...now on mo:)
57 Posts
hi chimp... i am from singapore too...i bought the same model as u last week n i am getting my car next week:) hope we k keep in contact n mod our cars together...hehe
anyways was quite surprise that your car takes so long to come...n also i am having the same specs as u but my comes with the rear n side cameras....got mine from HY cars...service is 101% positive...mine is also black but with red leathers....hear from u soon...cheers!!!

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Chimp,

Great to hear you got all the mod pieces you wanted to get on time. Don't forget to post pictures when you get it all installed.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
r300emy

r300emy said:
hi chimp... i am from singapore too...i bought the same model as u last week n i am getting my car next week:) hope we k keep in contact n mod our cars together...hehe
anyways was quite surprise that your car takes so long to come...n also i am having the same specs as u but my comes with the rear n side cameras....got mine from HY cars...service is 101% positive...mine is also black but with red leathers....hear from u soon...cheers!!!
Hi, I am getting the car from Tan Chong and they are cutting down some of the specs perhaps to compete with the current market. The SE from TC is telling me the first batch won't come in until some time in September. I am not comfortable with the PIs' warranty or else I would have bought the car last February.

My car including COE is S$110k, How much did you pay for yours? Hycarz priced it at S$138k earlier this year but last I checked with them around May, the price was S$124k.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zebelkhan

zebelkhan said:
Chimp,

Great to hear you got all the mod pieces you wanted to get on time. Don't forget to post pictures when you get it all installed.
Yes, I intend to take a few pics when I get the car. Still have about a month before getting the car, anticipation is just killing me. :D

·
57 Posts
wow thats a good price....i paid 116000....but wats your OMV of the car?
mine is about 43k

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
r300emy

$43K is quite high. I think the TC model will be lower but I am not sure about the exact OMV. I was in a hurry the Saturday before last as I was going to the States the next day. I will check with my SE on this later.

The $110K includes the usual - COE, 6-mth road tax, number plates, registeration fee and 3-yr warranty but without the insurance. Tan Chong gives the early birds a $2K discount on top of those $1.5k bank loan rebates. Got my COE last week on the first bidding at $15,889 so now the only thing is to wait for the MO to arrive.

·
57 Posts
haha...got the same COE price.... so after the discount n rebate...u pay 110k?
think thats a good price....but the cool thing about this car is the camera :)
really cant wait to collect my car next week.....if u wan...k meet up to show u my ride....oh yes...heard u bought the chrome thingy ya...jus ordered mine on ebay...will take sometimes for the product to come....maybe u k lend me urs n will give u my set....(u car coming in sept mah)
heehee....cheers!!!

·
57 Posts
oh ya...i got 3yrs warr. too :)
n the same terms as u...:)
keep in touch!!!

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
r300emy said:
haha...got the same COE price.... so after the discount n rebate...u pay 110k?
think thats a good price....but the cool thing about this car is the camera :)
really cant wait to collect my car next week.....if u wan...k meet up to show u my ride....oh yes...heard u bought the chrome thingy ya...jus ordered mine on ebay...will take sometimes for the product to come....maybe u k lend me urs n will give u my set....(u car coming in sept mah)
heehee....cheers!!!
Yes, $110k is net and I must agree with you I will miss the cameras. The SE keep telling me for some reason it cannot be connected to the LCD screen that comes with the car. A bunch of bull but no choice so I will be looking at other after market rear view camera later. I am also looking for parking sensor and might consider the 6 sensors one (2 front and 4 back). My wife felt that when she sits in the driver seat, she really can't see the front of the car but I think this might be just something she can get use to after driving the car for a while. There are quite a few parking sensors from ebay and they are ship from Hong Kong so the lead time will be a lot shorter than those come all the way from the States.

For the stainless steel trim, what package did you order and who did you order them from? As mentioned in my previous post, I am only getting the 12-piece windows trim and the 6-piece rocker bar trim. The box that I received in the States is quite big so it might cost you quite a bit to get it send over here.

·
57 Posts
yup...thats the same 18pcs chrome...i am paying 305us including shipping which is 60us...:( 245+60)=total....maybe we k meet up next week when my car arrive n i k show u my ride n u k show me the chrome...:) (cause mine will take 10 to 15 working days:( )
cheers!!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts