Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 05 S glacier pearl a few hours ago. Was getting frustrated with local dealers and was checking out Jacksonville Fl. because of their large inventories. I wanted pearl white with the roof racks(convenience package). The best deal I could get was 27K and I was OK with that, but several dealers did not even return my calls or emails for one reason or another.

I checked inventory on a dealer in Dothan Al and took a 100 mile ride out there since they had a white and a merlot S out there. So, an accomodating sales guy met me in the showroom and made the usual pitch"are you ready to buy" - Yes at the right price and told him of my previous offers. He came right back with a reduction that made it hard to refuse. So after taking the pearl white out for a spin. I saw the new Chardonnay - that is a nice color,seems to have a hint of yellow and green if you look closely. I wanted it but it was an SL with no racks.

Anyway, these folks were good to me . I arrived home From a 100 mile trip with a 25.6 mpg average. My route was through a few small towns and running 60-70 up to 80 to vary engine Rpm- Should I be happy with that? I am as my '90 four cylinder nissan p/u that took me there got 26 something on the way there.

Thanks to this site, you have all been very helpful

·
Registered
522 Posts
Congratulations! Sounds like quite the adventure to bring your new baby home.

> My route was through a few small towns
> and running 60-70 up to 80 to vary
> engine Rpm- Should I be happy with
> that?

Sounds just fine. As long as you don't buy it and go on a cross country trip on cruise control the next day you should be just fine (I've heard of kids getting cars to take to college and do exactly that, and then they wonder why the engine drinks oil like water :rolleyes: ).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts