Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Murano SL. Found this puddle a couple of days ago. Right front passenger side. Nothing has leaked out since other than the small oil leak I already had. Anyone have any help?
Automotive tire Water Road surface Asphalt Sunlight

· Registered
3,562 Posts
How many miles?

It looks very unusual... My guess is it looks rusty looking, maybe something to do with the cooling system IF it's from your Murano... Has anyone else parked in that spot?

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How many miles?

It looks very unusual... My guess is it looks rusty looking, maybe something to do with the cooling system IF it's from your Murano... Has anyone else parked in that spot?

Yeah it's from my car for sure. I've looked at the CV joint and that's not leaking anything. It feels and smells like oil. I noticed a kind of ticking noise when I moved it an hour ago that gets faster as the wheel gets faster. 160k miles

· Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Could be from a chunk of ice/impacted snow that dropped from the underside and melted.

Have a good day.

Reactions: Philip

· Super Moderator
1,753 Posts
Clean the area in the driveway and see if it comes back.

With the temp is above 35, go thru a carwash that had the undercarriage salt wash. Park the car and check the underside of the car where the spot was.

You'd be surprised what can get pickup when driving thru snow and slush and get impacted to the underside to fall off later when temps rise.

Have a good day.

· Registered
99 Posts
There is another recent thread which explains the yellow fluid under the front end of cars. Please take a look at

· Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2009 Murano SL. Found this puddle a couple of days ago. Right front passenger side. Nothing has leaked out since other than the small oil leak I already had. Anyone have any help? View attachment 56125
It looks to me like coolant that has a bit of oil in it. Is this the first and only instance? Could it have come from the coolant reservoir overflow? If the water in the tank is this color I would guess a head gasket leak.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts