Nissan Murano Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
any recommendations which antifouler would work best? i might try this and while im at it ill get a bore scope camera and have a look. the problem will be to loosen the sensor...
You never confirmed if you need to pass an emissions inspection. If not, why bother? Those spacers are hit or miss and there's always the possibility of damaging the O2 sensor just trying to remove it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
You never confirmed if you need to pass an emissions inspection. If not, why bother? Those spacers are hit or miss and there's always the possibility of damaging the O2 sensor just trying to remove it.
negative, not where i live and where i am moving they dropped it last summer. if emission test not required dont bother with it?

·
Registered
503 Posts
negative, not where i live and where i am moving they dropped it last summer. if emission test not required dont bother with it?
How those spacers work is they take the tip of the O2 sensor out of direct contact with the exhaust stream, which can smooth out the voltage signal it sends to the PCM. This can "trick" the PCM into thinking the catalytic converter is operating properly. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Some people end up periodically having the code come and go. In your case, the only benefit you'll get (should it succeed) is that the MIL won't come on. Otherwise, if you can stand that annoyance it's probably not worth the effort since you don't need to pass an emissions inspection to renew the registration of your car (...typically why people try it).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I drove 4,500 km in 5 days. From west coast of canada to eastern canada. I left with about 2/3 high on the oil dipstick and added about 400ml on 2nd,3rd and 4th day. I finished the trip and the oil is right at the low indication. Also before starting i fixed a leaky cam pos sensor oring and i think my oil drain plug gasket is worn out. It seems a little wet but no ground stains.

I also emptied my catch can a few times. I realized it had to be done about every 700km.

This is what it looked like. It smellls pretty stinky as well. It was a mix of water and light gooey fluid.

All my other fluids were steady.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts