Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have anyone dealt with a really mis-informed salesperson?
U know, the one who claims that the car has this, and that. Only
for the customer to find out (hopefullybefore they plunk any moola down) that it wasn't so??
When I was buying my MO, my sales guy said the side mirrors fold in automatically when the shifter is in park and the engine is turned off! Or how about this, the car had a "lowering" feature at high speeds for stability and to prevent roll-overs.
Well, I already knew all that the MO had to offer and dared the dealer to show me these "new" features! Needless to say, he couldn't.
:rolleyes:
Has anyone else had "myths" told to them about the MO from their dealer? Only to be disappointed later, but loved the car enough to buy it anyway?
Just for fun...............:31:

·
Registered
149 Posts
I would not consider them Myths, but sales tactics. A salesman will tell you anything you want to hear, just to get the sale. Anyone going to buy a 30k+ vehicle or any vehicle at that, should do some homework online and offline. Remember, Let the Buyer Beware. Caveat Emptor or something like that :)

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I don't know that I would say that they are providing mis-informed information on purpose... I just generally think that they don't know, don't care to take the time to know. Kind of sad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, I guess my two weren't really myths. Just misinformed. The dealer truly believed what he was telling me. He actually looked up what I told him when we went back into the office. I would have been slightly offended, but he's a friend of a friend. Very nice guy, but I do wonder where he got his info.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am no expert in autos, but if i sold them, I would take about 45 minutes and read the product brochure and actually take the vehicle out for a test drive. Than I would be aware of what the car/truck has and can do. I just think that many of these car salesmen are just starting and are from different employment backgrounds. These are probably the only jobs they can get untill the economy picks up.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Real car companies, and I am unsure if Nissan qualifies, distribute training tapes/CDs that are model specific.
Dealerships that have any integrity REQUIRE sales personell to view these tapes/CDs.

BTW, the Lincoln Naviagtor DOES fold it's mirrors when parked.

Homer

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
hfelknor said:
Real car companies, and I am unsure if Nissan qualifies, distribute training tapes/CDs that are model specific.
Dealerships that have any integrity REQUIRE sales personell to view these tapes/CDs.

BTW, the Lincoln Naviagtor DOES fold it's mirrors when parked.

Homer

I have the dealer tape for the Murano. It's about 20 minutes long and does go over many of the MO's features. It's sort of a "Here's how ya sell a Murano primer". There is nothing on it about the auto fold mirrors, or the self lowering feature...

Tha Navigator needs auto fold mirrors, it's about 20 feet wide to begin with....

Hey Homer, The weather is finally breaking here in PA, I'm getting ready for my first Zaino job! Please stand by for further questioning.

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would not consider them Myths, but sales tactics. A salesman will tell you anything you want to hear, just to get the sale. Anyone going to buy a 30k+ vehicle or any vehicle at that, should do some homework online and offline. Remember, Let the Buyer Beware. Caveat Emptor or something like that

For some of the sales people that I've encounted while car shopping
looking for a good deal on the MO, they really had very liitle knowledge on the car. I agree that one must know the product
one is selling, but if u don't know, don't create, or fudge facts or ASSUME that the car has something u r not sure of. Some even heard about other vehicles goodies (NAV folding mirrors) and for some reason, they confuse themselves about what THEY are selling. If a saleman really believes what they are telling u, and it winds up
being totally wrong then it's in their head that they are selling u a myth.
Remember, this thread was started to share stories for fun and to be informed.
:15:

·
Matthew Lesko
102 Posts
That bastard salesman told me it had sat radio!

·
Registered
16 Posts
That bastard salesman told me it had sat radio!
I just remembered mine told me that, too! I said, you mean it comes with XM or Sirius radio? No, satellite. I said, you have to pay for it. No it comes with the car. Well, I knew what was really available, so I dropped it. He also told me that the cargo protection mat came standard in all of the Muranos. I'm still thinking of some... Oh yeah, when he was telling me about the rear-wheel drive 2wd models, he said there was no need for AWD when you have all of the computer controls (VDC, etc.) because that feeds power from the rear to the front (just like AWD). I could hardly contain myself...

·
4,664 Posts
My salesman said, "I have no idea what that button does, let me find out for you..." Of course that was November 2002. :D

I'd love to tell him what I know now. Smoke would come out his ears...

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I had a great salesman. Following Edmunds.com advice, I dealt with the fleet/internet manager and got a great price over email. So I went to the dealership, drove the car for 30 minutes, and by the time I got back, paperwork was ready to sign. The salesman said "well, I could explain every feature to you, but it seems like you know more about this vehicle than I do!"

All in all, I did not get the BS that I expected from the Nissan salesmen and it was a good experiennce. I recall that while I was the dealership a woman came in wanting to test drive my Murano (it was the only midnight blue SE AWD with only the preferred and dynamic control package). She ended up driving a white base SL AWD instead. She did not buy it. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:2: :2: :2:

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
My salesman said their were twin compressors for the AC a separate unit for the rear, that was what "Dual" Meant on the temperature control unit.

·
5,268 Posts
OK, my 2c, it was June 2003.

1. SL v. SE. The SE was up market and had 5 speed auto whereas SL had 4 speed auto. When I told him that both supposed to have CVT he looked at me and said nothing. The look however, was very expressive: you are stupid or what?

2. When I noted harsher drive on SE I was told it was due to harder tire compound. But both the cars are fitted with the same tires……..I told you harder tire compound…

3. I wanted VDC but they did not have it in stock. So the salesmen goes: it only works below 18 mph, so you really do not need it.

Anyway, I told them all what I knew (and I was really prepared!). They reaction – nothing. They did not care at all…..I do not think they new much about Murano…….what worse they did not want to know…….and it is sad…..

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Kris,
I had the same experience. However, I do have to give my salesman credit. He knew where the little seperator for the front cupholders was and was exceptionally proud of himself. I gave him a sticker. :D

·
Registered
103 Posts
These are not myths about the MO, but rather stories of the abundance of stupid people that are put in front of us and are called salespersons. This is true in every sector. Now the new thing is to give them the title of "associate".

How often does it happen that you go into a store after doing some research on what you want and where you want to get it. Can't find it. Ask the salseperson for help. A few seconds of a dazed look and then, " Oh we don't carry that here Sir". You turn the corner of the isle and there it is. You go back to tell them that you found it with a little excitment and THEY DON"T CARE!

Why do stupid people think everyone else is like them?

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
My salesman said I had a 5-CD disc changer. Well, I'm a radio guy most of the time so I was not too disappointed. I think it was an honest mistake.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Laziness leads to stupidly.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts