Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering the other day if anyone had named their nav computer?
I named mine Dora. This is from the book “Time enough for love” Dora was the computer on the ship of Lazarus Long. I thought when mine talks to me she should have a name. So Dora it is.

So has anyone else named theirs if so what and why?

·
Registered
45 Posts
In my Murano it is Latitia.
It started as a joke at work. I just bought a house in Decmeber and shortly after I bought it I had a LOT of neighbors quizing me up about buying it (I live in a small town and rumors move fast). One of my customers at work asked how my new home and my new wife are doing. I am single and have no wife. So, I decided that since I am buying a new car I might as well make up a good rumor to start myself. So I started telling my co-workers that I am married and that we have two adopted children. I even named my wife--Latitia. At least that way I KNOW where the rumor started at.

·
4,664 Posts
I call mine iPaq, because that's what it says on the front of it. But I was called HAL for a while on another Murano Forum...:p

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Rommie...

I named mine "Rommie", same like the name of the sexy artifical intelligent hologram in Andromeda Ascendant star ship from the tv series "andromeda".

Boyyy, i wish i have the real thing :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
My Garmin 2620 is working at getting a name - My girlfriend wants to call her "Repita" since she repeats the turn directions three times each. I haven't though of one yet.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
My god other people do this?!?!?

I had no idea other people specifically named their nav systems, as opposed to naming the whole car.

When I picked up a Garmin Streetpilot III, I named her "Gwen", short for "Gwen P. Stefani". My wife and friends all loved that name and that's just what we call her now. To avoid confusion, I couldn't just start calling the Murano's nav "Gwen", too. I once had a stepsister named "Nancy Morano" years ago, so it was easy to start calling the Mo's nav "Nancy".

So now, even when I'm on the phone to my sister in L.A. and Nancy gives me some voice prompting, my sister yells out, "Hi Nancy!!"

·
Registered
487 Posts
Hmm... I haven't actually named her, but "Rebecca" feels appropriately enough.

Holographic conciousness tied to a ship's computer... or the lady in the NAV box... it works. ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts