Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1) How I can change the NAV bacground from black to white.
When I first get the Murano the NAV background was White so I went into setup and find an option to change it to black. now I can not find that option again to turn it to white.

2) How to setup Autolock on all 4 doors. Can we do that on Murano.

Also I am getting very bad mileage 13-14 mpg in city. Is that normal for a new murano. just have 800 miles. Or thier trip display unit give you false result.

Other wise great SUV. Just turned in my MB 2002/ML500/32k/sport for murano. Dealer wont believe it that I am trading in ML500 for murano. He gave me 23.5k for MB.

got Murano SL/AWD/NAV/Silver at invoice price and 2.9 APR.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
freshwater said:
1) How I can change the NAV bacground from black to white.
When I first get the Murano the NAV background was White so I went into setup and find an option to change it to black. now I can not find that option again to turn it to white.

2) How to setup Autolock on all 4 doors. Can we do that on Murano.

Also I am getting very bad mileage 13-14 mpg in city. Is that normal for a new murano. just have 800 miles. Or thier trip display unit give you false result.

Other wise great SUV. Just turned in my MB 2002/ML500/32k/sport for murano. Dealer wont believe it that I am trading in ML500 for murano. He gave me 23.5k for MB.

got Murano SL/AWD/NAV/Silver at invoice price and 2.9 APR.
Question 1. Can't help ya there, don't have a factory NAV (don't get me started):rolleyes:

Question 2. The autolock feature is non existent. I wish it were available, I miss it.

Question 3. Your mileage will improve with time. This has been rehashed and verified many times.

As far as trading the Benz for the Murano, I think you made an excellent move.

Welcome.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Re: Re: Nav and auto door Lock question

Mr3Putt said:

Question 2. The autolock feature is non existent. I wish it were available, I miss it.
Boy one feature I'm glad the MO doesn't have. Its does nothing for safety in the sense that it offers no additional protect when "leaning on the door" as some people think.

·
Registered
113 Posts
The background of the NAV screen automatically changes from white to black when you turn on the headlights and back to white when you turn off the headlights. You can manually change this with the night/day button below the NAV screen. With the headlights off, press the night/day button until the white background appears, and then press the Map button to "set" the background.

Like Gonzo, I'm glad there is no autolock feature in the MO. To each, his own, I guess. What I have discovered is that I can no longer unlock the driver's door simply by pulling on the door handle, as I used to do with my 03. Now, I have to manually unlock the door or push the door lock button if I want the driver's door to open. I'm not too fond of that change.

I've got a little over 1000 miles on my 06 MO, and my mileage is similar to yours. It does get better, as I found out with my 03.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried changing the background with lights off but never found any option to change it. the only option i saw was on 'map color' 'cool' or 'warm'. Tried both but still the same black color in the background.
The Day/night button just change the intensity of the light not the background to white.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts