Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have an '04. Found a way to disable the lockout feature when driving so passanger can play with the Nav system. Problem is, the workaround I found is for an FX- That box is under the front passanger seat, thus easy to get to. Was wondering if anybody knows EXACTLY where the box is located and what to remove to get to it. (Need to get to the back of the box where the 28 pin connector is located) If I find out where it is and I'm sucessful with the mod, will post all details. Oh, I'm new to posting anything. Hope I'm doing it right!

·
Registered
717 Posts
It's located on the back side of the main DVD player unit which is buried under the forward portion of the center console.

It's looks like a bunch of work, which is one of the main reasons why no one has done it on the Murano (to my knowledge).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From the time I posted it to now, I was out finding it. You're right. It's located on the drivers side of the floor console. Was not able to completly remove the panel, but I did get to the plugs. At this point, the mod does NOT work. Will be exploring the wiring to see which one does the trick. Thanks for the reply, will keep the findings posted.

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
Michael, any chance you can post pics while you have the box exposed? A few of us would really like to know how to get to it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That could be a tough one. As I said, I couldn't get the panel off (yet!) so I was using a mirror to see the back of the NAV unit, where I was able (barely) to get to the plugs. So I got tired of contortioning my body and I went onto other things. Hardwired a Valentine V-1 and remote box, installed a remote starter, and put in a master on/off light switch for ALL the interior lights (an oversight on Nissan's part, IMHO). I love these long weekends! Anyway, when I get up the energy again, I will work on the removal of the drivers side panel to get to the NAV system and post some pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts