Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally got the NAV screen disclaimer to go BYE-BYE forever. Actually I trick the NAV system with a small circuit I developed.

I have a link to a MPG file that I shot below. It shows the screen automatically blanking and then loading the NAV system but minus the annoying disclaimer. Also shows my XBOX booting up after I switched NAV modes. The piece of paper is on the screen to sort of hide my location on the NAV screen.

You may have to right click on the link and save it to your desktop or something if the link doesn't work the normal way.

MPG FILE

·
4,664 Posts
You Rock! OK, next MO has Nav.... No question...

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Generator, that is so sweet. Great job. Now, when are you going to ship THAT circuit?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Generator,

Your video clip rocks! Clearly you've done your homework. Just the fact that you've eliminated the startup screen is sweet. The addition of the X-Box startup screen and sound is deluxe.

I'd love the opportunity to get some of the details of your design. I'm an embedded designer, so anything you can provide to get me up to speed would be great.

BTW, I'm new to the forum... just got my '04 SE AWD this weekend. You seem to be a great resource on this forum - Very much appreciated!

Cheers,
-Alan

·
4,664 Posts
OK, so this makes at least 4 embedded designers I'm aware of, that have touched this site.

This makes me wonder if we need to have a technical thread or even technical projects and details section on the Forum. Stuff that's quite deep that really only the tech-weenies would get into, but would potentially be a place to generate ideas and actual projects.

PM me if you think it's a good idea. I'll read them in a week when I get back and talk to the admin about what makes sense.

Reverse engineering is fun, especially when it creates additional capabilities.... Like what's been done so very well, in this thread.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input alan. And yes Jaak a high level tech room may be a good idea. I just hope there would be enough threads to warrant a new room.

Alan as far as this particualr circuit is concerned, I am using an embedded controller. This could be accomplished with the simplest form of PIC as I am not injecting anything into a data stream or performing sophisticated operations.

As far as the xbox stuff goes I have other threads running for that topic. You can browse for those threads on my member profile page. Thanks for looking.

·
4,664 Posts
That's what I'd like to figure out, if it should just be threads, or a room. As it is, the threads we do have, are scattered somewhat, but in their respective areas... For example this is in Nav/GPS, which does make sense, but not from an Audio/Video integration.

I could also start a thread on the audio interface, as I've got enough data.

I love how you have the Xbox running on the display. I've got Linux running on my Xbox, so that really creates a lot of possibilities. My biggest problem is a lack of time, but I'd like to share my knowledge with others that do have the time and skills, in the hope that something would come it that benefits us all.

Just like what you've done Generator!:D

I'll see what everyone thinks when I get back in a week. Maybe I'll just start a thread, if that's enough.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Generator - cool mpg! Any way you describe how you did that for us not-so-technically-inclined? I'd love to get rid of the disclaimer on mine too!!

Alan - welcome fellow SE AWD owner! Had mine since April and still loving it!

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I can get 10 or more people to want this option I will sell it for a modest price. ( I ain't trying to get rich doing this folks; besides how many folks actually have the balls to take their beloved car apart anyway ) The way my circuit is done is not cost effective for more than one unit and mine was made specifically to interface with my x-box nav mod. I also use the xbox nav mod to acheive the screen blanking you see. The only reason I did it that way was because I was using parts I had laying around my house. I can make it very inexpensive though and you would only have to solder one wire and apply 12 volts and ground to another pair. (3 wires total)

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well if this can work for other Nav implimentations besides stock, I would be willing to buy it. If this works out great I am sure I can recommend it to a owner of a stereo shop.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats the problem....The DISCLAIMER solution is basically only suited for the Nissan car line-up with similar nav options. Implementing something like this for another car would require analysis of how that car functions. This is definately a proprietary scenario. My other Gizmo's (like x-box on NAV) should work in ANY car that has an RGB type screen.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hi, a FX owner here. Esemes pointed us here to generator's little mod :D

generator - I'm definitely interested in doing this and I know quite a few other FX owners that would love to disable that nag screen also.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Registered
0 Posts
I'm also an FX owner and would be very interested in having this modification. Please keep us informed of your progress, costs, etc..

Thanks.

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK great...Welcome FX guys and gals. I will be going on summer vacation this week coming up but when I get back I will start to make some boards for you guys and gals.

Thanks Essemes for passing the word around. Since you are always in the FX forum please pass the word around about the "xbox on nav" project too. I really appreciate it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I would be interested as well.....

·
hail 2 the snail
796 Posts
generator said:
OK great...Welcome FX guys and gals. I will be going on summer vacation this week coming up but when I get back I will start to make some boards for you guys and gals.

Thanks Essemes for passing the word around. Since you are always in the FX forum please pass the word around about the "xbox on nav" project too. I really appreciate it.
YW, gen........

glad to be a liason on this mod.... im sure its in the "top ten" for new owner complaints/dislikes.... (regardless of its benefit/liability shaft)

hope to have a few more to send this way - have you determined pricing or instructions yet??

xbox?? do tell!

SMS

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Essemes:

I guess you haven't been here as ofter as you used to be if you have not seen this thread

XBOX ON NAV

or this one

MORE NAV STUFF

Show this to your buddies on the FX side....they should get a kick out of this.

I will answer any general questions about these devices via e-mail at [email protected]. This should be easier than the FX guys having to sign up at this forum just to ask a question. ( not that we dont enjoy the trafiic though...its good for the FX guys to browse thru here every now and then)

1 - 20 of 93 Posts