Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Zenrin web site now has version 6.2 of the Nissan Nav DVD available. I was wondering if anyone has gotten the new version and can provide insight as to changes from 6.1?

The Zenrin site shows that it now covers much more of the U. S. in detail but I am located on the East coast which was already covered pretty well. Before I go and spend $185, I want to make sure I am getting some improvements.

Thanks,
Bob :)

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
I was disappointed when I drove my Z home and the road I live on and several connected to it wasn't on it. Not that I need to know where I live or how to get there, but it is an indicator of the level of map detail. Showed me sitting out in the middle of no-where. Which is basically true...but I digress. My handheld Magellan on the otherhand has everything. Probably even shows my driveway if I zoomed in enough.

I just went to their website, looked at their "map" and it doesn't look like Bama was updated all that much. So I punched in my city and state and it says oh yes, it has "detailed" coverage. Of course, there is no way to tell if what I have now has "detailed" coverage. So I said ok, I'll go fill out their contact form and ask what "detailed" means, give them my gps coordinates, and tell me if it now shows roads like mine. But I get an error message saying page not found. So I sent them an email at their general office and told them if they really want me to register, then they will provide a secure form and a website that isn't broken, and oh by the way, who do I ask a technical question of?

:3:

LOL! Sorry, I too have the same questions. I like the NAV in the Z but didn't buy it in the MO because I believe that I can do better aftermarket. If a handheld magellan can...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Enforcer said:
the road I live on and several connected to it wasn't on it. Not that I need to know where I live or how to get there, but it is an indicator of the level of map detail. Showed me sitting out in the middle of no-where.
The same's true for me. It's understandable, though. My subdivision didn't even exist two years ago...probably about the time the previous version of the DVD was being released. Unfortunately, the Zenrin web site says that my part of north Florida isn't being updated. :3:

Shortly after I got my Murano, I e-mailed the folks at Zenrin. I hadn't notified them that I had the NAV system, and I was unsure how they would get my contact information for the update. They wrote back and assured me that my dealership would send them my information. Of course, this would be the same dealership whose sales staff told me the NAV system would be automatically updated through the GPS antenna. :bsflag: I've received no notice of the availability of the update and wouldn't know it existed except for this message thread.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts