Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 Murano SE with about 11k miles. I've been encountering intermittent problems with the NAV system. For no apparent reason, I all off a sudden get a disc error when booting up or as happened today, the NAV locked up while in the process of calculating a route. Came back with an odd "Wrong DVD version"?? error message today, other times simple "Disc Error". Problem is that there seems to be no way to reboot the system other than turn car off, but most times even that doesn't work, forcing you to open the access to the DVD remove it and reinsert. Any thoughts on what's causing problem.

Hate the inconvenience of stopping at the Dealer, when of course the NAV will be working fine, and complaining.

Any thoughts on how to proceed? Starting to get annoying.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Any thoughts on how to proceed? Starting to get annoying. [/B]
I had the same problem with a DVD navi system. I was able to solve it by using a DVD lens cleaner. The problem I had was dust in the system. If that does not work then a trip to the dealer is probably in order.

·
Registered
717 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Nav "disc error"

I've had the same problem. Usually 1st thing in the morning about 3 times a week. I have a 2004 SL touring w/24,000 mi. My service advisor at Thousand Oaks Nissan (Julie, she's awsome) told me that this is a known problem and I have a new one on order. Thanks for this thread!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!!!

Thanks to all those who have replied with regards to my NAV Disc Error problem. Turned out better than I expected, when I called Dealer Service, explained the problem and they agreed to just order me a new NAV without even having to bring the car in. They were aware of the problem and find the only workable solution is just to replace the unit.

Unit's on order and I should have a new one within a week.

WONDERFUL!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts