Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am putting my money down today on a loaded SL AWD with NAV(finally).

I got so low-balled on my trade-in over the weekend, that I found myself doing something that I never thought I would - looking at a Rendezvous....yikes.

When I was driving it, the salesman told me that I could not use the navigation system while listening to a CD - it was an either/or situation, which I find very inconvenient.

To make a long sory short, I found a Nissan dealer who will give me a fair price on my Camry trade and sell the Murano at invoice, so all is good, but I've been thinking about the Nav system on the MO.

There are none around here with Nav, so I've never seen it in action. Can you use it and listen to a CD at the same time?

Thanks!

·
Registered
466 Posts
You can use both....The MO NAV system is DVD based. It has a dedicated drive. If you are using the NAV and listening to music when the voice guidence comes on it will automatically mute the front speakers. I would get the NAV it is an awesome feature...

·
Registered
149 Posts
The only thing you will find annoying is that you have to hit the agree button each time you start the MO and that you can plot a course while the car is being driven.

Two small things, but one great Nav system.

·
101 Posts
Matrixnyc said:
The only thing you will find annoying is that you have to hit the agree button each time you start the MO and that you can plot a course while the car is being driven.

Two small things, but one great Nav system.
Oops! I think you mean "...you cannot plot a course while the car is being driven."

You can perform several Nav functions even while driving. You can plot a course to one of the first two addresses in your personal address book (these must be pre-entered). You can also cancel route guidance, adjust guidance voice volume, plus several other minor functions.

I love my Nav system. I'll never get another car without one.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Good Catch there :)

I was trying to get the sales for nav systems up for Nissan :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks!

Thanks for the info...I guess I was just stressing...I should have known that the good folks at Nissan would have not done something so idiotic (unlike the Buick ones).

I've been on the phone with the dealer off and on all day. I sent him a list of the 9 vehicles (in a 5-state search) I found via the nissanusa site with the options I wanted. I told him I would be happy with the super black, sheer silver or polished pewter, as long as it had the charcoal interior. I figured I would end up with a silver one, as they are the most plentiful...but he called and was able to do an easy dealer trade on a polished pewter in the Chicago burbs.

Now, all I have to do is wait until Friday!

Ann Marie (anxiously awaiting my SL AWD with nav)

·
4,664 Posts
I parked next to a guy with a Buick... He looked at the Murano and told me the wheels looked big. Then he looked at his Buick and got really quiet. I felt sorry for him. I was thinking if I chopped the top off the Buick and threw out the drivetrain, the wheels would be the perfect size to make it look like a trailer for the Murano.

I smiled and wished him a good day. (And hoped he had a short lease...)

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
jaak said:
I parked next to a guy with a Buick... He looked at the Murano and told me the wheels looked big. Then he looked at his Buick and got really quiet. I felt sorry for him
My neighbor bought Buick about a week before I drive home in the MO. He's bumming big time, especially since he paid about $300 more than I did. They are reaaallyyy ugly things.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The MO's NAV system is a real value! Other than a couple small quarks (two already mentioned above), it is very easy to use and makes finding places a breeze.

One thing I would have changed though...

I would have built in a switch which can change the screen to and from white to black (for use at day and night). There are many foggy and overcast days when I turn on my headlights for safety, but it is still too bright out to see the Nav screen in a black background. If they had a switch for this I could quickly change the Nav screen from white to black depending on the daylight and road conditions when I need to use my headlights.

Otherwise auto makers who are still using CD based Nav systems are losing business big-time!

·
Registered
202 Posts
TikiMan said:
One thing I would have changed though...

I would have built in a switch which can change the screen to and from white to black (for use at day and night). There are many foggy and overcast days when I turn on my headlights for safety, but it is still too bright out to see the Nav screen in a black background. If they had a switch for this I could quickly change the Nav screen from white to black depending on the daylight and road conditions when I need to use my headlights.
You DO have this function! :D

When you turn on your lights and the screen changes from white to black background, press the Day/Night brightness button twice to change the screen from black to white. Then press the Map button. You'll hear a beep, and the map background will stay white with the lights on. Repeat this procedure to return the map background to its normal operation.

Jeff

·
Registered
50 Posts
jpburk said:

You DO have this function! :D

When you turn on your lights and the screen changes from white to black background, press the Day/Night brightness button twice to change the screen from black to white. Then press the Map button. You'll hear a beep, and the map background will stay white with the lights on. Repeat this procedure to return the map background to its normal operation.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff! I learn somthing new about this car every day! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts