Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I reported earlier that I had gotten the "disk error" message, and that the dealer ordered a replacement unit and disk, even though the unit worked perfectly after I put it in for troubleshooting. Well, they replaced the unit, and the new one works fine so far. It is not, however, a new unit. It obviously came out of another car, since two locations in North Carolina were already entered into the address book (I'm in PA). I have no problem with this as long as the unit was checked out thoroughly first. Thoughts?

·
Registered
78 Posts
kingfisher said:
I reported earlier that I had gotten the "disk error" message, and that the dealer ordered a replacement unit and disk, even though the unit worked perfectly after I put it in for troubleshooting. Well, they replaced the unit, and the new one works fine so far. It is not, however, a new unit. It obviously came out of another car, since two locations in North Carolina were already entered into the address book (I'm in PA). I have no problem with this as long as the unit was checked out thoroughly first. Thoughts?
:rolleyes: Umm.. I'd say, Mr. Dealer, this is unacceptable. See what the warranty states for electronic devices. ie: radio, NAV. It may indicate referb'd units may be used.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
I remember vaguely talking to my dealer about the super platinum gold plus whatever package i purchased. In this documentation it failed to mention the NAV system. When I asked the dealer about this, because they are integrated, he stated that I should not have any problem getting it replaced and that they will probably update the warranty to include the NAV, but as of when I purchased mine, it was not listed as being covered under my extended warranty. Odd.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Snow:

I specifically asked about the NAV before I purchased the extended warranty, and was told it was covered.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Did you see it in the documentation? I was told that too but it wasnt listed...then they gave me the "Err...um...ya, well if its not in the doc" speech.

Also, when did you buy yours? Time may make a difference? I bought mine in Sept '03.

·
Registered
78 Posts
My dealer tells me it's covered under the extended warranty. I got the 7 year, 100k plan. They even wrote it on the sales document. They didn't know so they called Nissan. :2:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
BARCODE said:
My dealer tells me it's covered under the extended warranty. I got the 7 year, 100k plan. They even wrote it on the sales document. They didn't know so they called Nissan. :2:
Glad to hear that it is covered! I bought the same package.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
For the people who faced this issue, about how many miles did you have on your cars when it started? I haven't faced this, and I'm wondering if the chances are going down the longer I have the car. I'm almost at 36k right now, have upgraded the DVD, and still haven't faced this issue yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts