Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NAV Screen Scratched!

The dealer scratched my screen when doing other repairs to my nav and interior and denies it was them!
Anyway, I was under the assumption that the nav had a protective plastic screen in front of it.

When I was told a new screen was $2200 I almost passed out.
Can a scratch be buffed out (similar to windshields)?

Any idea if the plastic can be removed from the screen and replaced?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
893 Posts
Ouch! I don't know if you could buff it out. Is it very noticeable? I am so afraid of that happening to mine.

Good luck! :eek:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the double post but,
The dealer scratched my screen when doing other repairs to my nav and interior and denies it was them!
Anyway, I was under the assumption that the nav had a protective plastic screen in front of it.

When I was told a new screen was $2200 I almost passed out.
Can a scratch be buffed out (similar to windshields)?

Any idea if the plastic can be removed from the screen and replaced?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's VERY noticable. I can feel it with my fingernail. Ugh.
Nissan should have put a protective anti glare shield in front of it, especially since the console tilts torwards the screen. I'm so pissed.

I can't 100% prove that the dealer did it, but I know my wife and I didn't do it. I'm so paranoid, i dont even wipe the thing down.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
893 Posts
rdangel said:
I can't 100% prove that the dealer did it, but I know my wife and I didn't do it. I'm so paranoid, i dont even wipe the thing down.
I'm pretty much the same way.
I find it odd/stupid that a $2000 dollar option has a screen that costs more than the entire system to replace.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Best bet. If you have a Marina near you. Go there and I bet you will find a cleaner/polish that may help you.
Boats have all kinds of that plastic on em.
I use "210 plastic cleaner/polish" Works great on all plastic in your car. It will clean the heck out of the plastic that covers your gages.

Jim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts