Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Major Geek
636 Posts
not only no...

Not only "no", but I was one of the first who cut the wires to their nav screens to introduce an alternate video source. My display controller has been quite stable. In fact, just a month ago, it failed to display the outside temp for a few seconds until I went into and exited the menu. Thought it was strange. Never had it go completely blank, though.

How long did it go out? (well, how long is "a few minutes" to you?) Three? Five? Fifteen?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Are you sure it was completely out, or was it on and just showing black? Could be it had power and the video signal just wasn't being selected properly due to a electronic brain fart of some kind.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I turned the thermostat nob and it stayed blank. I am wondering though if it was the sunlight that was bleaching out the screen. I had just left my house and I was at a stop light. I am remembering right I recall that I turned my headlight nob from auto to off, and it seemed like it brought the nav screen back. It was sunny out so I don't think my headlights would have been on in auto mode if they were on the nav screen would be in night mode which would have made it appear blank with the sunlight.

I'll definitely keep my eye on it. This could have just been user error :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts