Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just returned from the dealer where a new DVD player had to be ordered for my navigation system. Dealer indicates this is one of several that have had to be replaced.

I received a couple of DISC ERROR messages over the last couple of weeks that culminated in not being able to use my NAV system at all for the past 3 days.

After a call to the dealer and a quick stop by, the dealer confirmed that a new DVD player would have to be ordered. Thank goodness it's still under warranty!

Not too happy considering I just bought the car in JAN 2004. Anyone else encountered this?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
A couple people here have. Including me. Mine have been few and far between but have really ticked me off. Apparently there is a Technical Service Bulletin for this. Do a quick search.

·
Registered
717 Posts
ctkevin said:
Just returned from the dealer where a new DVD player had to be ordered for my navigation system. Dealer indicates this is one of several that have had to be replaced.

I received a couple of DISC ERROR messages over the last couple of weeks that culminated in not being able to use my NAV system at all for the past 3 days.

After a call to the dealer and a quick stop by, the dealer confirmed that a new DVD player would have to be ordered. Thank goodness it's still under warranty!
You're really going to be happy when you see the price for the new DVD unit, >$2,000.00:eek: that your not going to have to pay, this time!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, ANYONE whose had a disk error with their Nav unit really nshould get the incident reported to and recorded by their dealer so that when the what is starting to appearway too frequently failure comes, you've at least got a chance of getting them to pick it up.

Mine was screwing up occasionally with disk errors until it finally quit for a few days. Then it started working agin. I had it replaced, it's been perfect ever since without ANY disk errors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Murano DVD Technical Service Bulletin

NISSAN: NAVIGATION SYSTEM IS INOPERATIVE

APPLIED VEHICLES:
2003-2004 350Z (Z33)
2003-2004 Murano (Z50)
2004 Armada (TA60)
2004 Quest (V42)
2004 Titan (Z60)
2004 Maxima
2005 Altima (L31)

IF YOU CONFIRM:
The navigation system is inoperative and the display shows DISC ERROR or DVD-ROM VERSIOIN IS NOT CORRECT.

NOTE: This incident, if it occurs, may be intermittent.

ACTION:
Replace the navigation control unit.
 Order the replacement unit through the Navigation Exchange Program (via Clarion). Call (800)347-8933 or Fax the order to (310)217-4354 or (310)217-4380.
 When ordering the replacement unit, you need to give Clarion the navigation control unit’s part number. The part number will begin with 25915-xxxxx).
 For navigation control unit replacement information, refer to section AV in the appropriate Service Manual (ESM).

CLAIMS INFORMATION
Submit a Primary Failed Part (PP) line claim using the following claims coding:
DESCRIPTION PFP OP CODE SYM DIA FRT
RPL Navigation Control Unit and Return to Manufacturer (1) RN74RA ZE 32 (2)
1. Reference the FAST Parts Catalog and use the applicable Navigation Control Unit Part Number as the PFP.
2. Reference the current Nissan Warranty Flat Rate Manual and use the indicated FRT.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is it wrong that I might wait until the updated Zenrin disc comes out in October to mention this to my dealer? :)

·
Registered
717 Posts
Milkman said:
Is it wrong that I might wait until the updated Zenrin disc comes out in October to mention this to my dealer? :)
Even though the "error" sounds as if it's related to the disk, it's the main player that is failing, at least in my case.

The dealer replaced my main NAV unit on 9/19/2003 with 5,019 miles and I haven't had one single disk error since, and I'm up to 27,xxx miles now.

I don't think it's "wrong" at all, but it doesn't appear from the TSB that they'll provide you with a new DVD disk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts