Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will be buying 04 MO as soon as they are available. Kind of sitting on the fence on getting the NAV system.

One of the questions I have is does the voice prompts on the NAV interrupt your stereo? In other words, does it dim the sound, or does it cut it the sound out completely?

·
101 Posts
The voice guidance cuts out only the front speakers (you can still hear the rear speakers) momentarily. The voice guidance volume can also be adjusted or turned off entirely.

BTW: The guidance voice is female because it has been found that the female voice is easier to understand in a noisy environment than a male voice (that is fact, not a social comment). Most voice guidance systems, even in military systems, use female voices.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

I haven't herd THE VOICE yet.

As long as it sounds sexy, it's o.k. by me.

·
Registered
68 Posts
jetnbye,

It annoys(or makes jealous - don't know) my wife - so make a guess whether its a sexy sound or not.

pkhona

·
Registered
202 Posts
For an added thrill, change the language option to French. I didn't understand a word she said, but I liked how she said it! :5:

Jeff

·
4,664 Posts
Too bad you can't make it talk Japanese. An angry Male Japanese voice would be good. Or English with a heavy German accent. You will turn here!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Japanese - interesting . Not to make fun of any language , but would definately tickle my funny bone :2:

I tried french and was amused. :D

·
4,664 Posts
I have an amateur radio transceiver that speaks Japanese or English. I have it set to Japanese, as I like to hear it! I can almost count to 9 in Japanese, as a result.

Can you imagine if someone learned english from a Navigation system, and all they knew where the NAV phrases?:rolleyes:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts