Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my 2004 MO I have a version 6.3 DVD from Zenrin. I understand that the upgrade for my Nav is a 6.4 version from Zenrin. I see a few DVDs with a version 7.1 that states they are compatible with 2006 + Nissans or Infinities. My question is: what is the difference between DVD rom in 04 vs 06 + ? Do you think the 7.1 could possibly work in a 2004 model?

If there are any members in the SF Bay Area with a 2006 Mo with Nav, would you be willing to let me try to put your DVD into my car to see if it is compatible? Just a thought.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Different DVD than the 2006.. I have the 6.4 DVd in my 2004.. 180$ from zenrin last christmas.. comes with a CD for flash updates also.

DrMurano said:
In my 2004 MO I have a version 6.3 DVD from Zenrin. I understand that the upgrade for my Nav is a 6.4 version from Zenrin. I see a few DVDs with a version 7.1 that states they are compatible with 2006 + Nissans or Infinities. My question is: what is the difference between DVD rom in 04 vs 06 + ? Do you think the 7.1 could possibly work in a 2004 model?

If there are any members in the SF Bay Area with a 2006 Mo with Nav, would you be willing to let me try to put your DVD into my car to see if it is compatible? Just a thought.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nissan UK has advertised new Muranos with a revised nav DVD that covers 23 countries and claims 3D views of motorway junctions.
So far so good. I started counting the pennies for an upgrade.
But... read on and you find that the new DVD offers the "feature" of making a suitable noise when you have reached your destination.
At the moment a very Sloan Ranger female voice announces: "you have reached your destination".
The new sound is by user choice: either (a) a dog barking; (b) a cat miaowing or (c) "bong". Presumably this is all in answer to UK critics who love the Murano apart from the badge which aint classy enough.
What sound does the US version muster up?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts