Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever receive this error message ?? I have about 4,500 miles on my 2015 Nissan Murano Platinum and I turned on the radio to receive this ! I can't use the radio, phone, bluetooth, navigation/map ... nothing !!! I am bringing this into the deal next week to have them look at it.

Attachments

·
Registered
230 Posts
I like this option "Unhook the negative battery cable for about two minutes".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
470 Posts
1. try taking out and reinserting SD card - it's next to a CD slot. NAV is loading from that SD card.
2. try going into Secret Diagnostic Menu - there you can check if there are any errors associated with NAV issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately that didn't work :((((

I hate when this happens ... You spend $40,000 on an SUV and now the electronics DO NOT work :(:(

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How do you get to the secret NAV menu ? The battery cable trick didn't work. I can't see on the screen so I don't know how I will be able to perform the secret menu :((

·
Registered
470 Posts
1. start the car.
2. turn off audio/radio
3. Press and hold "menu" button and while holding it turn the "volume" knob Left, Right, Left (each time at least 7 clicks or more).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1. start the car.
2. turn off audio/radio
3. Press and hold "menu" button and while holding it turn the "volume" knob Left, Right, Left (each time at least 7 clicks or more).

** The above didn't work for me :((((( Thx Anyway :((((((

·
Registered
470 Posts
Don't worry - it's a software glitch and dealer will fix it quickly and easily. Free of course.
I know it's annoying, but even supercomputers have to be reset from time to time, yet alone simple car head units.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update .... If I remove the SD card from the slot, everything works perfectly except the Navigation and I can't save any data. Bringing the car next week and I will update on the outcome.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I thought you already tried it earlier when i suggested it. It looks like your SD card is faulty. Not a big deal. Dealer will give you new SD card and problem solved. It explains why you can't save anything since it goes on SD card probably.

P.S. With SD card removed now you can try going into diagnostic menu. It should work now. Not that it will solve any issues, but maybe there is some diagnostic procedure or some error codes stored.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fixed !!! The dealer said that the wrong card was inserted from when I picked up the card...My unit required a '596' card but a '592' card was inserted. Anyway, since it was replaced a few days ago everything works great !!!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Good news. I find it still a bit strange that it was working for the first 4500 miles. It should not worked from the beginning in the first place if wrong card was inserted no? My bet is that SD card was damaged and dealer just replaced it with proper card.

·
Registered
287 Posts
True !!! Thank you so much for helping me out ! I really appreciate it !!!?
Perhaps they upgraded my you to the new NAV software. Did you do anything that may have made it fail? Like yank the card out while it was processing a route? I'd like a free upgrade too.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Perhaps they upgraded my you to the new NAV software. Did you do anything that may have made it fail? Like yank the card out while it was processing a route? I'd like a free upgrade too.
Sign me up for that too :) OP please tell us how you managed to get that Error code? :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2015 Murano. I've switched out the update every year with no problem. Just tried the upload the newest update a few minutes ago and got the same error message. Frustrating as heck. I repeated the sequence over about 5 times getting the same error message Before it finally uploaded with success. The instructions say make sure the power doesn't turn off during the 20 minute upload, but you car turns off after 10 minutes. Make sure you hit the power button again, but do not start the car. One thing that is very important is to make sure the power switch is off for at least 2 minutes before you try to upload. This is in the instructions and easy to miss. While disconnecting the battery would have a similar result, it's not necessary. Make sure you have the receipt that comes with it as the 16 digit authorization code is on the receipt only.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts