Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017.5 Murano. The "door" to where the SD card goes for navigation, SiriusXM radio is opening on its own when I hit a bump/pothole. The system then shuts down and the door has to be reset to boot the system back up. It's very frustrating. Has anyone had this happen? Are there any fixes you can recommend - I prefer not to have to pay dealer prices to replace the door (assuming it can be replaced). Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The only thing I can suggest is make sure that the SD card is fully inserted. I'm assuming the card might not be in fully, so the door isn't able to close behind it. Also could be the reason why the card is intermittently disconnecting.

I suggest remove the card, clean the contacts, ensure you have no debris in the port. The push the SD card in fully.

I believe there is a click when the card is inserted fully. I could be wrong since I've not removed mine but usually SD card ports have to be pushed in until it clicks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We removed the SD card, checked the contacts and reinserted. It looks like it's in fine, the door closed properly, but today, when we did that and started the car, we got the Nissan logo but the boot up process when no farther. It didn't get to the "Nissan Connect" step and even the old display icons did not appear - no radio, for example. Seems like some sort of systems failure. Any other suggestions - we're struggling to figure it out. Thanks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Other than making sure you put the card in correctly.... I'm out of ideas.

You can try a reset on the system by holding down the menu button and turning the volume knob back and forth. If I recall correctly, this should bring you into the hidden menu which allows you to reset the unit.

But I would first ensure you have the card in the correct way.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts