Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't you guys find this annoying??? Why do you have to agree everytime you use the nav system?? And how often do you change your language anyways??... Is there a way to bypass this screen every time you turn on your system.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
My Fiancee and I hate that stupid screen too but we've gotten into the habit of hitting the joystick on everytime you start the car. I don't think there is any way to bypass it either since the system is run off of the DVD-Rom, everytime the car is started the system has to reboot and load the program off of the DVD-Rom and the license agreement routine is always the first thing loaded. Oh well, small price to pay for having the factory NAV I guess?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Unfortunately there is no way around it....just Nissan's lawyers following the CYA rule.

·
4,664 Posts
If it's any consolation, most of them do it....

Even my iPaq navigation system.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
564 Posts
Could be worse. My handheld GPS (Magellan) pops up two screens!! One is an intro with a "press enter to continue" and the other is the stupid warning. I've gotten into the habit of hitting return twice as soon as I power up the handheld. Same for the Mo - turn the ignition, hit the joystick and then shift the transmission. Trial lawyers will be the ruin of this country yet!

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Kinda funny... when I picked up the Murano, I was using a Garmin Streetpilot III color in my Xterra, and I was so annoyed at having to hit the power button every time I turned on the car. The warning screens do time out eventually, so I still got away with only having to hit one button. So when I picked up the Murano, I couldn't wait to have an integrated Nav.. "No more turning on the Nav every time I turn on the car!!", I cheered.

Boy was I wrong.. I still have to press a button. I kept the Streetpilot III to let my wife use it whenever she wants. Hasn't needed it yet. Oh wait, once in the last year to get to the dentist. Now we use it for wardriving. How stupid does it look with a Streetpilot III sitting on top of the dash with integrated Nav?

Very.

Just one more thing to change if we figure out how to replace the Nav software with Linux running gpsdrive. Oh, and being crippled while moving is far more annoying to me than accepting the disclaimer. At least garmin lets you shut that protection off.

·
Registered
117 Posts
How about selling that Streetpilot to me Eastern :D

As far as the warning screens, I guess it's just something all you folks with navigation just have to deal with. In the 3 merecedes in my family with nav they all have the same thing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
79 Posts
The one here has a screen that flashes for about 2-3 seconds. Simply has the NISSAN name and a warning. Then you are on the map screen. Nothing to click on or do.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Thanks!

Dennis Fink said:
shappy0869,

There is a device, called NoNag, that will stop the startup screen. Check www.generatorlabs.com.

You can find more information and testimonies on this bulletin board by doing a search on "NoNag".

Member GripperDon has installed both the NoNag and the NavBox and was pleased.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Ferio said:
The one here has a screen that flashes for about 2-3 seconds. Simply has the NISSAN name and a warning. Then you are on the map screen. Nothing to click on or do.
That is perhaps because people in Japan are not as "law suit happy" as people in US are. Here even a mother has to be careful because she may get sued by her child for missing a feeding....:2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts