Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
My MO's faster than yours
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who knows how to make that option work when searching on the nav? I see it there..But I can't highlight it. Anone know?

Thanks!

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
The nav system is actually from a company in Japan called Xanavi, in which Nissan is an investor.

I am looking at their info trying to find out for you . Grip :D

·
5,100 Posts
Here is waht the Infiniti guy said:

"Finally, the Quick Stop function, as it is programmed is utterly useless. In theory, you're supposed to be able to go to the Quick Stop menu while you're driving on the freeway (this function is allowed while driving) and with the touch of a button find nearby gas stations, fast food restaurants, ATM's, etc. This would be a terrific feature, if it worked! The Quick Stop function does find the nearest locations, but invariably they are behind us by up to 20 miles. We go on many road trips and while traversing hundreds of miles, there's no way in the world that we would ever consider backtracking unless we were plainly desperate for gas. It would be nice if Infiniti allowed the owner to plug in a preference for only those locations that are ahead of the car."

Is quick stop like nearby? Grip :D

·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for helpin out grip..but

Quick stop is totally diffrent from what I'm talking about. I'm talking about the POI option if you pres the destination button. Say I'm looking for the closest TARGET or WALMART.... When you go to type it in....Theres a unhighlighted option on the left of the screen that says" NEARBY"....I was only able to use that option once....I don't even remotely recall what i did to make it work that one time.

The only other way to look for locations nearby is to type in the state/city you're in and the name of the place. Which takes much too long for me. PLUS it doesn't even give you a distance est. from where you are..like the quickstop menu....

ANd since you brought up the quick stop menu......Is there any way it can locate more than 5 diffrent places at a time? Mine usually stops searching after the first 5 found............Unlike the POI search which keeps searching.

b0x

·
5,100 Posts
Ah! POI not Nearby, Ok I get you that stuff. Grip :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
Is THIS what you mean?

--->
SETTING WITH THE Nearby KEY

The Nearby key is used to retrieve a facility
within 30 miles (50 km) from the current vehicle
location.
1. Select the Point of Interest (POI) key on the
[DEST. SETTING (POI)] screen.
2. Set the category according to page 6-5.
3. Select the Nearby key.
INFO:

Facilities in the selected category will be
listed from the nearest to the farthest.

---->>>> The Nearby key is available only when a
category is set. Set a category first.<<<<----

When there are any nearby facilities based on
the selected category, the display shows the
list of facility names, directions and distances
from the current vehicle location, and the
Info keys.

Please refer to “Setting with the List key” on
page 6-3.

--->

From page 6-12 in the Nav guidebook

Hope this helps!

·
5,100 Posts
rbsmo04

Way to go!. :D

·
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what i'm talkin bout! Right on man! Now I just have to try it out. I have the nav manuel too.....But I was too lazy to look through it. Thanks!

b0x

·
5,100 Posts
I printed it so I can use it too. Neato Grip :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts