Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. just recently purchased my first brand new Murano and just got the S model. and saw at the trunk there's a wire ready for the bose subwoofer. if anyone can share the part number ( ussually the sticker on the side of the sub). maybe i can get lucky and get one off of Ebay.. THanks.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi all. just recently purchased my first brand new Murano and just got the S model. and saw at the trunk there's a wire ready for the bose subwoofer. if anyone can share the part number ( ussually the sticker on the side of the sub). maybe i can get lucky and get one off of Ebay.. THanks.
Bose subwoofer would be non-functional without the Bose amplifier. The part number for the subwoofer is 28170 4BA0A.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bose subwoofer would be non-functional without the Bose amplifier. The part number for the subwoofer is 28170 4BA0A.
Thanks.. doesn't that bose subwoofer on the reserve tire have a built in amplifier? i thought it's just a plug and play.. might do some more research. Thanks again.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks.. doesn't that bose subwoofer on the reserve tire have a built in amplifier? i thought it's just a plug and play.. might do some more research. Thanks again.
I don't believe so and even if it did it's wouldn't be the system amplifier that controls the audio sound and provides the proper signal to the 1 ohm speakers in the box. Basically you can't just add Bose parts to a base grade system and expect anything to work properly. They supply an integrated system to Nissan, not just a list of components.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I did not know there was a wire there, I looked up the Bose on ebay and it runs for $144. I might use that wire to wire a different sub, since I am replacing my whole radio.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did not know there was a wire there, I looked up the Bose on ebay and it runs for $144. I might use that wire to wire a different sub, since I am replacing my whole radio.
yes there is a wire on the left side. i still think its a plug and play. cause my friend has a rouge and has the same subwoofer, only difference is the plug the murano has a 4 wire plug his has six. so be careful if you buy on Ebay make sure the male and female plugs are the same. there is a lot of bose selling on ebay just have to find the right part number.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't believe so and even if it did it's wouldn't be the system amplifier that controls the audio sound and provides the proper signal to the 1 ohm speakers in the box. Basically you can't just add Bose parts to a base grade system and expect anything to work properly. They supply an integrated system to Nissan, not just a list of components.
it might, That's why people are selling theirs on Ebay. just need the right part number. the one you gave is for a 2014-2015 Rouge that one has a six wire male plug. my friend has a rouge. Murano have 4 wire Male plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
287 Posts
it might, That's why people are selling theirs on Ebay. just need the right part number. the one you gave is for a 2014-2015 Rouge that one has a six wire male plug. my friend has a rouge. Murano have 4 wire Male plug.

My information must be old or my memory is starting to fade. :banghead: On further investigation it appears the new p/n is 28170 5AA0A and it has a 4 pin connector. The Rouge has a 6 pin connector because it contains a power amplifier, the power amplifier wasn't needed in the Murano because the Bose system amp in the Murano was capable of powering the sub.

I'd be interested to see what happens when you plug the Bose box into base level system. Most unusual for Nissan to keep an unnecessary connector on a harness. You may want to check if it is even hooked up to anything.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Might be easier an cheaper for Nissan to build and install just one harness for every vehicle, there may be another plug behind the head unit not being used.

Could try taking a voltmeter and checking for fluctuating voltages while playing music to see if there's any signal there.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Hey OP, did you have any luck putting in the subwoofer? I'm looking for something thats space saving like the BOSE sub (since it lets you keep the spare tire), or the BOSE sub itself. I have no issue getting another amp just to make the BOSE subs work either.

·
Registered
696 Posts
That's incorrect there is a small amplifier built into the unit
Third Gen Bose woofer is NON-amplified. Four wires, running two speakers, circuit diagram clearly shows a right and left amplified signal going out to the woofer. It's actually a stereo woofer.

First Gen Bose woofer has a built in amp, and gets fed a low level signal from the Bose amp.

Have a good day.

·
Super Moderator
7,791 Posts
Sounds like Bose changed their practices. For many years, there was an amp in the form of a circuit board located at each speaker, usually in a plastic housing that contained board and speaker. If they dropped that approach they're a bit closer to the rest of the civilized world.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Sounds like Bose changed their practices. For many years, there was an amp in the form of a circuit board located at each speaker, usually in a plastic housing that contained board and speaker. If they dropped that approach they're a bit closer to the rest of the civilized world.
I took apart my 2003 Bose woofer and there was a small amp driving the two speakers.

My 2017.5 woofer looks identical, but no amp in the same spot, wires enter and go directly to the two speakers. I'm now driving my Bose woofer with a Boss 200 watt amp, 100 watts to each speaker in the woofer. Outside I now have a nice bass body buzz that I haven't been able to located when I have the sound cranked up.

Have a good day.

·
Registered
696 Posts
i had an amp in mine but am by pasing it with a small ppi amp for better control and power
I'm using the Rockford Fosgate DSR1 between the head unit and the Bose amp for audio control. The DSR1 has a dedicated woofer channel, which is now driving the Boss 200 amp for the woofer.

The Bose amp is now driving only the door and dash speakers, which have been replaced with 4 OHM 50 watt speakers of appropriate type to that location, to make use of the extra power from the Bose amp when not driving a woofer.

The audio is totally different then the stock Bose setup. Much more crisper and more of a solid thumping bass instead of the mud that was coming out of the stock setup.

Have a good day.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts