Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A week after I bought my MO, I was having a child car seat installed by the local police and the helpful, but lumbering police officer accidentally stepped on and cracked the rear cup holder.

He bought me a replacement part, but for the life of me I cant figure out how to remove the cracked one and install the new one.

Anyone with a service manual able to give me some directions.

Thanks

·
4,664 Posts
10. Open console lid.
11. Remove console rear pocket.
12. Insert a flat bladed screwdriver wrapped with tape from the
space with the console box and remove console mask (LH/RH)
by lifting.

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
13. Remove screws, and remove center console assembly.
14. Remove screws.
15. Disconnect harness connector and remove console box.
16. Remove screws.
17. Disconnect metal clips and pawls,
then remove cup holder rear and console rear cover.

Attachments

·
4,664 Posts
Exploded Diagram.... Note you must remove the inside of the box (12) to get to the two screws that retain the cupholder (10). To get to the screws you have to remove the Console Masks (4) and (7)

Might take a bit of looking at the diagrams for it to make sense... This based on my perception of the manual. I haven't taken this apart.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
replacing cup holder

Thanks for your help. I hope that it ends up being easier than it seems like it might be.

·
4,664 Posts
I agree... I first looked at this and thought it was very complicated, but it actually doesn't look too bad once you figure it out. Two trim parts and some screws to get the bucket out, then you should be able to see the two screws that retain the cupholder, if I understand it correctly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks jaak!!! The second day I owned my 2004 SE I stepped on the rear cupholder and broke one of the arms. I bought a new assembly yesterday and could not figure out how to get the old one out. Your post saved me much time and even money. Thanks again!!! Guy

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just completed the operation and there are a few steps missing from the instructions. But, I was successful!

The overall exploded drawing held the secrets, for the most part. You have to remove the shift knob, and yes, ultimately the whole console will come out.

There are four screws in the front half (not in the instructions above) that must come out first, and to get to them, you have to pop the A/T face plate off (it's attached with spring clips. Once you get all 8 screws out, the rest is a snap.

:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
cup holder

Question: Isin't your vehicle under warranty. If I had this problem my dealer would just fix it.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
I reported it to my sales guy (not the service department) since I was still dealing with him at the time (license tags and such). Once I told him I broke it, that was it. He did give me his employee discount on the part though. As delighted as I would have been if he'd repaired it for free, the fact is, I broke it and it wasn't a factory defect in materials or workmanship (though the design is questionable -- too close to the floor!).

The bright side: I didn't have to leave the car in the shop for a week and I learned a little about how it comes apart and goes together. It only took an hour or so.

·
4,664 Posts
With an 8 year old constantly getting in and out of my Murano, I keep expecting that one day, mine's going to be broke. But I have to hand it to her, even when she knocks it open with her foot, she pushes it back in.

Now that I've said that.... I'm sure today will be the day. SNAP!:eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts