Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 Murano with OEM HID. I tried to make adjustment of the aim level over the past couple days. I was able to do that with the "teeth" adjustment screw. While raising the driver side tonight, the headlight stopped moving. The adjustment screw turns but the headlight just cycles up and down very slightly no matter which direction I turne the screw. Kind of a bopping action is the best way to describe it. It feels like it's not catching anymore.

Any suggestions before I take the headlight assembly out to check inside? Not sure what is accessible by doing that yet.

:confused:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
If you are trying to raise the light to point higher, you can't. There is only a small range it can be adjusted up and down because hids blinds opposite traffic. Aside from the adjuster on the light itself and the dial on the left side of the dash that is it. It is a little lower than I would like it to be but its set up that way intentionally.

In your case, sounds like you may have busted the adjusting screw. Is the light loose now? Does it bounce all the time when you drive at night?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't bounce around when I drive it. You could be right that I might have raised it beyond its range. I moved the passenger side by the same amount when I adjusted them and it's still good. I understand its not right to aim them so high that they would blind on coming traffic. I've seen enough badly adjusted headlights. That's why I used an aiming guide available on the internet and I raised them in small increments followed by road test in the night before any further adjustments. According to the measurement and seat of the pants driving in the night, itis still aiming low.

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
You will also notice that the left driver side light will even be a little lower than the right side even on the highest setting. Another safety set up with HID lights.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts